Tuesday, October 3, 2017

MEEK AND LOWLY

Soooo this week has been super rough but I love growing and becoming better so its all good. My companion and I have just been joking about how we have been getting so wrecked for the last couple weeks. 

We have gotten dogged on like a million times. We have set up so many lessons and our investigators just don’t show up. So it’s been a little rough but we will survive. 

One thing that happened last week was super sick. I have always wanted to do this. We were walking on the street and a bunch of kids walk up and so we start talking to them. They were like 13-17 years old and they all played soccer, so we started to talk to them and tell them who we were and they were laughing and making fun of us and I was just like, hey like we are normal kids like you, I played American football and my friend ran tract, and one of the kids was like you ran track?? And he was like “yeah”, so the kid was like well then lets race and my comp did long distance so he was like okay but we would have to run like 10 kilometers and so all the kids friends were like “no” “race the football player…. So I was like okay I will race you but if I win we get to share a message with all of you. So he agreed and we decided how long we would race and it would probably be like 100 yards. So they count down and this kid takes of like a second and a half before they would have said zero so I take off after him and hunt him down and win and I was actually surprised how fast this kid was.... but I still won :) haha I told him good race and was like “you really are fast, well done” and then we went back and taught these kids the restoration and said we might come play soccer with them sometime. It was super cool. This was my little moment of pride for the week. haha

Later in the week we went to Eger for splits and had a really cool split. In the morning we ran to the top of the Eger castle. It was way pretty and we got to look out over the city and see the sun come up and the church’s bells rung. We had a way good split and we are focusing a lot on family history right now and we talked to everyone about that and got like 15 potential investigators. It was way cool so hopefully the Elders will be able to meet with them and get some new investigators. The best Hungarian pizza is in Eger and I had it for the last time and it was amazing! RIP. So good. 

We also were pretty humbled this week. One of our investigators is done learning about the church and doesn’t want to hear more. He gave us back all his books that he has received from us and I will never forget the feeling I had when he put them into my backpack. It just hurt. He is going through a really hard time right now and is not in the mood to learn more which made it even harder because we know that this is the time when he really needs it. So we left that teaching pretty wrecked and with low spirits. It was really sad. I don’t think there is any worse feeling than when someone gives you back something that is more important to you than anything in life. It was rough.

We finished the week on a good note though. Conference was really great. I really enjoyed listening to it in Hungarian one last time. I learned that I need to be more humble... (hence the story about me wrecking some kid in a race... haha, I’m sorry) I am trying but it was cool so I had to share it. For real though I feel like I received personal answers about how I can grow closer to God and I think we all can be better in the meek and lowliness. I want to work on that and I am really grateful for conference.

I love you all! 

Ure elder 

No comments:

Post a Comment