Tuesday, October 31, 2017

THE BEST TWO YEARS

As I start this email I have to tell you that I don’t even know the feelings that are inside of me right now. I feel like I am feeling everything at once and I have no idea how to wrap my head around it. I am so happy. So excited. Seriously can’t wait and then I realize… Wait. I can’t leave. I love this county. I never want to go home, but the day has come and I have put in my time. 

I will start with saything that this last week has been amazing. It has been a perfect finish and I would not have wanted to end in any other way. We were able to see miracles and have some really amazing experiences. I was able to go on splits in Nyiregyhaza my first city for the last time and had an amazing time. We worked so hard and it felt so good to just give it everything I had. To speak Hungarian and to show Nyiregyhaza what I have become. 

Later in the week, I also went on splits with Elder Gentry. (My missionary that I trained.) It was a really cool experience. We both just looked at each other and were like... where did the time go? We worked all day long. We didn’t meet with anyone and usually those are the worst days ever. But once again it felt so good to just tract a little more in my totally broken and destroyed shoes. I love him and I am going to miss him. 

The last really amazing thing that happened was we were able to give another one of our investigators a baptismal date. Her name is Edit and she is really amazing. She wants to learn and it was such a cool feeling to have her accept her date on my last full working day as a missionary. It was a cherry on top. We found her this transfer on a train and now she is going to be baptized. Seriously so cool!

The rest of the week consisted of a lot of goodbyes and a lot of feelings that I don’t quite get. I’m going home? I didn’t even think this day would come. It was hard to say goodbye to all the people I have come to love her, especially Sára. She is such an amazing person and I am so excited for her to be baptized and feel the amazing power of the Gospel that I have come to know so well over my mission. It was hard saying goodbye but it will be a good reunion when I come back.  

I thought about what I wanted to write for my last email and a couple thoughts came to mind. 

Over my mission I have become a totally different person. 2 years ago if I saw myself I probably wouldn’t even recognize who I was. My mission has changed my life and I can’t write in words how grateful I am for these years in this crazy place.

I wanted to talk a little about the things that I have learned over my mission.
I have learned to be patient. With companions, investigators, people that are rude, rules, and with myself. 
I have learned how to be obedient and to follow God and his leaders that He has called. It was hard but I now know that obedience is the key to receiving God’s blessings.
I have learned how to be dedicated to something. This is for the language, the work, anything. I now can look at a problem and tackle it without thinking... ehh this is hard, can I actually do this? Yes, Yes I can. I just gotta do it.
I have learned how to have a good attitude even when life is pretty sucky and you pretty much have nothing around you that would make you happy. Life is great. You just have to make the decision. Missionary work is hard, but you just have to learn to love it.
I have learned to endure hardship. I have learned the Hungarian language from rock bottom. I have learned how to work all the way until the end. I have learned how to endure and love a companion. Enduring to the end is one of the sweetest feelings ever.
I have learned that choosing the right is always better. The right will always make you happy so why choose the wrong? which doesn’t make you happy. We all just have to see the bigger picture.
I have learned what true happiness is. Its not the happiness that is there just for a little and is a little burst of joy. It’s a constant state of mind. The gospel makes us happy and if life is hard, dive deeper into the Gospel, serve, be happy... and then you will wake up one day and say wow... I really am happy.
I have learned and am still learning to be humble. I am not perfect in anything but I am trying to be, and because of Jesus Christ, one day I can be perfect. That’s the key to it all, as long as you are trying. It’s working; you are growing and it will come. I have spent many days thinking about myself and those were the hard days and now I have learned to catch myself, and say hey… Stop thinking about yourself and go do something for someone else. Like I said I am not perfect but I am working towards it. 
I have learned how to be grateful. It’s hard to always count your blessings but when you take the time to do so... your eyes are opened to how merciful God really is. 
I have learned how to control my emotions. I have been put in situations where 2 years ago I would have FLIPPED... or done something stupid or acted like a child and thrown a hissy fit... I am not saying I don’t make mistakes and am now this totally calm and reserved person. It’s still hard, but I have learned to be calm. Talk things out and just be straight up with people. I have also learned to overcome sadness, stress, and others. This is one is still in the process like most of these but it’s getting there. 
I have learned how to pray and how to have a true relationship with my Heavenly Father.
My testimony has become rock solid. I would never be able to deny the truthfulness of the Gospel. 
I have become stronger against temptation by learning what I need to do to strengthen my walls so nothing can tempt me to make a bad choice. 
I have learned how to do hard things with the help of the Lord. I can rely on him and I know that I can do all things through him. 

The last thing that I would like to talk about it how I learned to be grateful for my trials. It is not easy to look a trial in the face and say “hey thanks you’re the best”, but it is what helps you grow. It is the key to progression and I can say that I would not be the person I am today without going through the trials of a mission. 

I would like to finish with a poem that my mom sent me a long time ago that I put on the back of my planner for this transfer. 


To some there comes a call to love a people
A nation, a land or race that is not their own.
The pages of two calendars will measure 
The lives they have touched and if they have really grown.
And more than one has come and gone unnoticed.
They find it hard to love a strangers land.
They some how lost the vision they arrived with
When others built on rock, they built on sand.
But those who learned to give, and then keep on giving.
And take their worst’s and turn them into best,
Are those who learned that life’s most sacred treasures 
Are won by those who have learned to serve the rest.
If you have been called
You better know the reason.
Without that knowledge your time is useless there.
The Master knows the answers and questions,
He will help you,
But the cross is yours to bear
To some there comes a call
To love a people 
A nation, a land or race that’s not their own.
And when it’s done with eyes of tears
They will tell you
This Nations mine.
This land has become my HOME. 

 I have loved my mission. I can’t believe its over. I love you all so much. Thank you for your support and thank you for all you have done for me the past two years.

I will see you all soon.

Sok Szeretettel,

Ure Elder 

No comments:

Post a Comment