Tuesday, October 17, 2017

OVER TIME! GOING HARD!

This week was awesome! It was a grind but we had a lot of really cool stuff happen and I am really happy with how it turned out. We had disappointments and success so it was a normal missionary week. 

First of all, I am healed... Last Monday was crazy. I was way sick but I refused to stay in side... “Nobody got time for that.” So we went out and talked to people and had a really good time actually. Talked to some really cool people. I then went inside. Took about as much Nyquil as I had left and went to bed, woke up the next morning with a way stuffy nose but other than that was healed!! It was awesome. 

We spent this week looking old investigators up. We would walk from house to house and talk to everyone that came in our path. It was good and we talked to a lot of people. 
This week we went out to this little village. It was awesome. It is super small with little clay houses or like cement houses and we looked up some people that we talked to in the city. They said for us to go out there and we had some time so we did and we found them at home. When we walked up to the house the family lost their minds. They were so happy to see us and thought that we were never going to come. They let us in and we talked to them. We are going to go back and hopefully start teaching them because we weren’t really able to teach anything when we were there. They are really cool though. It’s a house consisting of three families and we are going to meet with all of them... GOLD MINE.

We also tried to help these two old ladies find their ancestors on family search... I don’t know a lot about family search. (Which I am repenting about. Haha) But we tried to help them and pretty much could not do anything so we were just like...uh we will call someone and have them come help us on a different day but they were cool about it. It was hard because these people new pretty much nothing about their parents or anyone after them. 

Later in the week we were walking on the street again just talking to people and we stopped this guy that was really cool. He started off not really wanting to talk but we asked where he was going and told us to his friends and that his friend was going through a rough time right now in his life and so we were like... well that’s why we are here. Is to make people happy and our message is the key. So he invited us to go with him and we had a really awesome talk. Talked about some crazy theories about God but we taught a lot.  They even told us about this really cool hike that leads to a cave that we are going to do next week... This week we are learning how to cook from a Hungarian Old lady, SO STOKED!!!

I want to finish with a miracle from this week. We were finally able to meet with Sára. She is the woman that I found on the bus and she has read the whole Book of Mormon but just wasn’t able to meet. This week we finally met and she brought this notebook. So we sit down and start talking and I was like well you told me you have a lot questions so just go for it. SO she opens her book and is like well, I have now read the Book of Mormon and I am now reading it for the second time, I have a lot of questions but I really like it. So she just started asking all of her questions and they were so awesome. She understood the Book of Mormon so well. While we were talking it hit me again how important the Book of Mormon is. If someone wants to know why Mormons do what they do, why we are so happy and why we have such strong faith all they need to do is read the Book of Mormon. This woman is reading the Book and I know she will find out that it is true because she is studying it and is looking for the answers. If anyone needs anything in life, guidance, happiness, hope, joy, seriously anything…. The Book of Mormon will bring that into that person's life. I have experienced that in my own life. When I tell people about the Book of Mormon I usually ask them what they have to lose. IF this book is true, all it will do is make their life better. It makes them happy and all they have to do is open it and read it with an open heart, just soft enough, and with just enough intent that the Spirit will tell them that it is true. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I have found it out for myself and that's why I am here. I love it and it has changed my life and I see it changing people’s lives all around me. If you haven’t yet read this book and searched its pages for answers to your life. DO it! You will never be the same. I love you all. Ill see you soon. Overtime baby its time to go hard!!
Ure Elder 


No comments:

Post a Comment