Tuesday, October 24, 2017

WE MET AGAIN....

This week has been amazing. 

To start off the week, we went cooking with this cute little old lady named Kati néni. She’s the best and she taught me how to make some yummy stuff to cook when I get back. It was a lot of fun. 

This week we had three splits so the week just flew; it went by so fast. I am freaking out on the inside but it’s okay. Haha. On one of the splits we found this really cool couple that later invited us over to their house and they are both lawyers.... NICEST house I have ever been in, in Hungary. Seriously so pretty and gorgeous and it just blew me away. They fed us and we talked about who we were. They asked a million questions and we gave them the Book of Mormon and then in return they told us to pick a book of theirs that we could have and keep... I was like uhh what? So they both gave us free books. I got this cool like fantasy book. No idea what the book is but it was awesome. 

Also, during that split we had a miracle find. It was so cool. We were walking down the street and I stopped this girl and started talking to her and out of nowhere the missionary that I was with just walked away and ran after this kid. He stopped the kid and he freaked out and they hugged each other. It turns out that they new each other from a different city and this kid almost got baptized when this missionary was there and now he is in Miskolc for college... Crazy. Such a miracle that we found him and how God puts us right where we need to be. 

Later I went on splits with Elder miller. One of my best friends in the mission and we had a really good time. We had such an amazing split. It was honestly incredible. We grew so much closer and just talked and were able to help each other and just worked hard and seriously had a really cool thing happen. We met with Norbert our investigator that stopped meeting with us because he is having a hard time but Elder Miller taught him so we were able to set up a lesson. So we went over there and had a really cool teaching. At the end we asked him if he would accept a blessing for his sickness that is making it hard for him to want to do anything, it’s a type of depression I think and he accepted it. I was the one to give the blessing. Once again, it was such an amazing experience. We both felt the rush of power right as I started to talk and how the words just came and how there is no better feeling than being a tool in God’s hand. It was honestly such a cool feeling. The priesthood is real and I know it without a doubt.

The last thing that happened this week was one of the coolest things that has happened to me so far on my mission.  We have another investigator that is going to be baptized. The even cooler part is that it was the woman that I found this summer on the bus on that really hot day. I remember back and I really didn’t want to talk to her but I got prompted multiple times to talk to her. So this is what happened since then… We met with her and gave her the Book of Mormon and she read all the way to Alma by the time we met again. Then by the third meeting, which was several weeks later, she had read the whole Book of Mormon and had a whole notebook full of questions and was already in Alma again for the second time. So during that teaching we had planned to invite her to be baptized so I asked her if she received her answer that the Book of Mormon was true and would she be baptized?  She kind of paused and was like “well I already know its true. I just assumed...” and we were like... uhhh and she kept talking and said I haven’t got an answer yet, I am praying about it but I already feel like it’s true. So we told her that sometimes that’s how it works and with time your testimony grows and grows until it is a sure knowledge. So I asked her again if she would be baptized on December 2nd and she said yes and was seriously beaming. She couldn’t stop smiling and I couldn’t either. I was about crying to be honest but it was such an amazing feeling and thing to be apart of... then it gets even better she goes on to tell us that ever since the first teaching she had read on the internet about the word of wisdom and so she stopped drinking coffee already. She didn’t drink or smoke or anything like that anyway, but just by herself she stopped drinking coffee and then said... and I think I will be getting a new job so tithing shouldn’t be a problem either.... that’s when I just lost my mind. I almost jumped up and ran around for a second. So we finished the teaching and Elder Durney got out of view and literally ran down the street screaming and jumping up and down and just freaking out. Seriously one of the coolest things that has happened to me to know that another is going to be baptized, that she knows the Book of Mormon is true and that she feels the power of the Gospel. Miracles do happen. People are prepared. Even in Europe. I come to the end of my mission and I look back at all the.... ooohh Europe is hard comments and the oohhh that’s a hard language stuff and I’m just amazed at how easy God makes it. Don’t get me wrong, it’s been a grind and I have never done anything harder in my life, but with God it’s possible. 

I want to finish with my testimony of the restoration. I just finished the Doctrine and Covenants and it was such a cool experience reading it as a missionary. I learned so much and my testimony grew so much. I know that the church has been restored. Over my mission it has gotten to a point where I cannot deny it. I have felt it confirmed multiple times while reading the scriptures or when I use the priesthood. It’s amazing. I love God and I am so grateful He restored the truth in its fullness. I Love you all. Have a good week.


Ure Elder

No comments:

Post a Comment