Monday, October 9, 2017

WALK WITH OPEN EYES

This week started with a straight up miracle. That’s what Csoda means just by the way. We went over to Monika’s house; she was the one investigator that came to conference. So we get talking and she tells us about how she felt that whole morning just a huge prompting just like someone was telling her that she needed to go, so she got ready and came to conference and then the whole time she was there she kept having the thought put into her head that she needed to be baptized, so she told us that she wants to be baptized and she feels like she got her answer!! So we are super pumped! I feel like this has happened to me multiple times on my mission. I have a super rough week and get my faith, patience, and love put to the test and then the next day or week comes the miracle. So that was a really cool thing that happened this week. Seriously such a miracle! 

The next day I went on splits with the new missionary here in Miskolc and it was a super good time. I love being around him because of his fire and his new missionary mistakes. It’s great. We had a really cool thing happen. While we were tracting, he was teaching me about different wars in history because he knows everything about history but that has nothing to do with anything. The best way to fill the time while tracting is to have your companion teach about something that he loves and knows a whole ton about, so I was getting educated while tracting. Anyway, this super cute old lady opens the door and I start talking to her and ask if we can come in and share our message, she says yes so we got let in... Score.  Then we sit down and she starts telling us about how she lost her husband and a child and how she is kinda in a hard point in her life... totally ready for the gospel. So we start talking about the Plan Of salvation and I brought out the Book Of Mormon and told her that she can know all that what we said was true if she reads this book. We bore testimony of it and as I was bearing testimony something popped into my head that almost got me crying but I held it together. I realized that I won’t be able to be in this situation for too much longer and how much this book means to me, so I told her with pretty much tears in my eyes that I knew this book would change her life if she read it and I gave it to her. She replies by saying she doesn’t have any money and couldn’t buy it, I told her it was free and she broke down in tears and started hugging the book and over and over kept saying how grateful she was and how she was going to read it. Moments like this are the reason why serving a mission is awesome. I love it.

To change topics a little bit… I went to Romania this week! I can now say that I have been a missionary in Romania too! The reason I went down there is because I hit my 2 year mark (silently throwing up while writing that) but I had to leave the country because my permission to be here would run out before I am actually going to leave, So the church is a little sneaky and sends us down to the border, we get a stamp and then come right back in and it gives us 90 days before we re-register or leave. So that was fun, we had 7 elders in one van and had a little road trip. I was with elder Veres and elder Miller so it was way fun! 

I also had a really cool thing happen on the drive back. I got a call from the women that I talked to on the bus a long time ago, I have written about her a little bit, but she called and told me that she was sorry for falling of the map but she said she had finished the Book of Mormon and started it over for the second time and has papers of notes and questions for us and she is praying and everything. She just is really hard to meet with... so like talk about miracles! Hopefully we will meet this week. 

I want to finish with a little note that I saw taped to a pole this week. It said, “Walk with open eyes”. I feel like lots of time we walk around with shutters around our eyes and we don’t look around to see what’s going on around us. I want to for sure walk with open eyes. To see what I can do in the world to help others and to see what things I can do with my life. I think walking with open eyes is super important. We will be able to see those that are in need.

Sok szeretettel 


Ure Elder 

















No comments:

Post a Comment