Monday, September 25, 2017

SHARING MY TESTIMONY

Well this week was pretty crazy... A lot of big stuff happened that I thought would never come. I hate “lasts”. I feel like every week there is something that is a "last" for me and it’s freaking me out. This week it was the last time I will be in the mission home until I go home so it was a pretty weird feeling. It was my last zone conference that I did and when it is your last conference you give a departing testimony... the lame thing is that I still have lots of time and it just happened to be that the zone conference was really early in the transfer so I had to give mine really early. It was still a really amazing experience and it was for sure a life-changing day. This week has been really cool and I have been able to receive answers that I have been searching for, for months, but I will talk about that later.

This week we did a lot of white boarding. This is when we take a big white board, go to the most crowded place, write a question on it and talk to everyone we see. We sometimes get groups of people and we just talk to all of them. I feel like I need a stool to stand on… haha. It’s lots of fun and is really successful. 

We had a great lesson with Norbert and we taught him about the Atonement and how important it is in all our lives and how it works. We read from the book of Mormon about mercy and justice. I found this out a year or so ago but this is one of my favorite pictures of Jesus Christ because if you look close you can see mercy and justice. Cover one half of his face. The right side is mercy and the left is justice. The faces are different but they are one in Jesus Christ. Its a really cool painting- I love it.  (attached piture)



We also went on splits with the assistants this week, which was really good. We worked hard and it was a pretty normal split. I always like working with them. 

I learned a really cool thing in church yesterday about Gods’ promises and how he lets us cheat. We were reading in D&C about The promises of God and how he will give us Knowledge and we learned that if we read the scriptures everyday before work, or school or anything, we will be smarter because the spirit will help us remember the answers and I can’t wait to use this in school. So to all those that are trying to learn something, read the scriptures for at least 15 minutes at the start of your day and your grades will be better. 

So we then had our zone conference. It was really good. We talked about how to learn Hungarian... because it’s flippin hard to learn. So we gave some tips to the missionaries and talked about making a plan. My companion and I are doing a thing where week by week we speak less English. So every week we add a days of speaking Hungarian. So this week we will speak Hungarian for three days. Then next week for 4 days. The last week will be the last week of the transfer and it will mean that we will speak Hungarian the whole week, so don’t make fun of me if I cant speak English when I come home.

Then my departing testimony came. I remember listening to a missionary give his when I had just got to the country and I was like... wow that day will never come. And it still feels like that, but then I stood up to give my testimony and it hit me that it’s all kind of coming to an end... I talked about obedience and how we need to follow God in all aspects of life an that’s when he will bless us with ALL of his blessings, I then talked about how Happiness is a decision and that in every situation we can find the happiness and I pulled that into the Atonement of Christ. It was a really cool experience to stand there and talk about the things that I have learned on my mission and to tell the missionaries that I know Christ lives and strengthens us. I talked about how the Atonement is there for sin, but also for strength. I have learned over my mission that anything can be overcome with the Atonement of Christ. I love my mission and I don’t want it to end! 

I love you all have a great week!

Ure Elder 


No comments:

Post a Comment