Monday, September 4, 2017

LIFE IS SO GOOD

This week has for sure been a mix of feelings. I feel like I have said a ton of goodbyes. One, because Elder Robinson left and we said goodbye to all of our investigators and stuff but also going to transfers was weird. I don’t know anyone anymore and there are a lot of new faces. It’s great but kinda weird. I feel like a grandpa... I am now the oldest mission- time wise in my mission… Well me and Elder Veres. Pretty crazy.

This week was really great. We had some amazing stuff happen and I like my new companion. He is from Broomfield Colorado. I’m finishing with a boy from the motherland!!! It’s going to be really good. He goes hard so we are going to do work this transfer. He likes to run so we are going to go running and it’s going to be great.

We met with Norbert this week. He is our investigator that is a tattoo artist and is a total homie. He is really cool and doing really good. He just needs to make some more steps to get closer to baptism. We taught an awesome lesson about how a tattoo artist has to follow rules to give a good tattoo and then applied that to the gospel and the commandments. I think it hit home with him and he really liked it. So that was really cool. The Gospel can apply to anything that’s for sure. 

We also had a cool teaching with Monkia, she as on baptismal date but was still drinking coffee but she hasn't drank coffee in a couple days and is now only drinking the Inka coffee stuff... its super cool and a miracle so we are pumped about it. 

This week we went home teaching and got fed a 5-course meal.... best day ever. ha-ha It was so great and yummy and we got lucky that they invited us to go.  On the way home, we found this like memorial place where they executed people... it was pretty nuts and it was surrounded by crosses and had signs saying it was like life-threatening because it was so old. It was cool, the stuff you find in this country is nuts. 

The main thing that happened this week was we were finally able to meet with Sára. She is the woman I talked to on the bus that came to church. She met with us and it was such a cool experience. She sent me a text during the week but I never got it and so I read it right there and it was talking all about how she is in the hardest time of her life and how she feels like something is missing from her life and that this could be what she is looking for and how grateful she was that I talked to her and how she was looking for her path and stuff like that. So we bore strong testimony of how this really can help her and this is the path that she is looking for and that God loves her and she started crying and it was crazy because I told her that when I saw her on the bus I got prompted to talk to her like three times but I didn’t want to because I was tired and it was super hot but then finally I followed the prompting and talked to her... and I started tearing up and it was just really powerful to see her feeling the truth touch her and she even asked towards the end how becoming a member works, so we are going to have an awesome teaching with her tomorrow. God really does guide us. That’s one thing that I for sure have learned over the last little while. I love being a missionary. Life’s just good when you trust in God. Life is SO good.


Ure Elder











No comments:

Post a Comment