Wednesday, August 30, 2017

FEAR NO MAN, BECAUSE GOD IS ON YOUR SIDE.

Well it was a great week and a lot of cool lessons were learned. 

Last week we went to this Palacsinta place. It’s like a crepe just Hungarian. It won my heart and I think it is my new favorite place in Hungarian. It was so good I can’t even tell you. 

This week we had a lot of good laughs. One of them was when we got dogged, which means our investigator wasn’t home... so on the way to the bus to go tracting I started rapping and got going and I was on fire. Like I need to make and album but then Elder Robinson gets going and he was going hard to. So right when the bus gets up he says this one line that makes both of us laugh so hard we were crying... dead serious. Tears were coming out of my eyes! So we had to get on the bus like this and everyone was like who are these kids and we finally got ourselves together and I turned to this old lady sitting next to me and started talking her and she really liked our church because of how happy we were. She didn’t want to meet but we had a great conversation and she told me her favorite Hungarian food and how to cook it. It was great. Missions are awesome just for stuff like this.

This week we moved into our new apartment and it is really nice. I have a nice bed finally so I will be spending my last little bit in comfort for the most part. It will be great. We got lots of help in the move and it went really well and wasn’t hard. I don’t think I will even unpack one of my suitcases because I don’t need anything in it for the next little while. 

After that, we had a really good “Meet the Mormons night” and had some people come from English class and that was successful. 

Another super funny thing that happened this week was when we went to go teach someone and we walked up to the building and starting ringing them for us to get let us in and this guy came down and started yelling at us... so you have to know that as I was walking up to this building I was eating a carrot. I wasn’t done with it and it was really good so I didn’t want to through it away so I just started talking to this guy holding a carrot as he was yelling at us... He was like why are you here, go away, and then our investigator let us in and he was surprised about that but we went up and I still hadn’t finished my carrot so I had to just put it in my backpack. And that’s the end of the story... it was better in person I promise ha-ha. We had a great teaching and they fed us corn and some dessert stuff. It was great...

This week we traded our P-day for Saturday so after I am done emailing we are going to go work because Saturday we went to an all day branch activity, which was a hike and a grill party thing. It was a lot of fun and I loved it. I got to go hiking with Virgina the little girl that I gave the spirit to and she told me I was her hiking partner and so we spent the day together talking and picking up walking sticks. It was a lot of fun. 

This week we had some really cool stuff happen. We made the goal to fill up our whole planner section for potential investigators, which is over 100 people, and we did it this week. It was super cool to see that hard work pays off and because of that we have some awesome investigators. 

We met with one of them and had a powerful meeting. We taught the restoration and at the end we were asked to give a blessing. So we read in the scriptures in alma 15:5-10 about how a blessing works and as we read this, the woman and wife of this couple started crying and after the blessing she told us she just had this warm amazing feeling that just felt like it was strengthening her. It was really cool. The gospel is so true and these people know it and have felt it and we are going to help them realize what those feelings are. Super cool miracle. Their names are Sandor and zsoka. I like them a lot.

I would like to finish with a story from this week. We had a really hard situation with one of our investigators because we found out that they committed a serious sin and we didn’t know what to say about it. But during the teaching I was prompted multiple times to tell them that they need to fix this and that we were there to help them repent. But that isn’t something you just say to someone in a nice way but I was trying to figure how to do that when the spirit just said to me, just do it and I’ll give you what you need. So I opened my mouth and told them that I wanted to talk about something and just told them that it wasn’t right and the words came. I corrected with love and pretty much called them to repentance and it was one of the coolest experiences I have a had. I first got the prompting and followed that, then the holy ghost gave me the words that I need to say, and then I was able to truly comfort and tell them that we are here for them. It was intense and I have never had to be that bold before but it just was a testimony to me that if you follow the promptings that we receive it doesn’t matter what happens because you are doing what’s right. FEAR NO MAN, BECAUSE GOD IS ON YOUR SIDE.

I love you all have a great week. 

Ure Elder













No comments:

Post a Comment