Tuesday, September 12, 2017

LOVE GOD AND PUT HIM FIRST

This week wasn’t too crazy but we still had a good time and worked hard. We had some cool stuff happen but our investigators are working a lot and some just not progressing so we are finding new people. 

Last P-day we went to a castle, which was super cool. That’s for sure a perk of serving in Hungary because p-days are awesome. We got to look around and they actually had armor that you cool put on so it was a super cool p-day. I sat in the king’s chair.

After that I went on splits with a new missionary. This guy has been reading my blog ever since he got his call and was like wait what... you are the elder that I have been reading about, it was wack haha. I’m famous. It was super crazy because we were talking about when I started my mission and he was like... that was the beginning of my junior year pretty much. I was like wow... I’m super old. We had a great split and it was super fun to see him give it his best with the language and see the gift of tongues in action. He was pumped up and so we got a lot done and had a great split. We actually found a less active member that ended up coming to church... it was a crazy story.

So we knock on her door and she lets us in and we sit down and start talking to her and she starts telling us about why she hasn’t been coming to church and how she has been sick and in the  hospital... then she starts talking about how there are little things or bugs or something in her apartment that at night like torment her and bite her and stuff and how she has had people come and clean her house and sleep in her bed and they can see them or feel them, soooo I was like well she might just be hallucinating so I was like well we can say a pray to bless your house that the sprit will be here. So we knelt down and said the prayer and I like cast out the spirits and stuff. I have never done anything like that and it was a cool feeling of peace that entered the room after. So that was a really interesting experience. Then she came to church and we are going to try to help her to become active again!

This week was my last MLC. The missionary leadership meeting that we have every transfer. It was kinda sad but it was really good. The spirit was strong and it hasn’t even hit me that it was my last one. I love being together with the leaders and talking about how to make the mission better. It was great and the spirit was strong. On the way down there we talked to a girl from Bulgaria and she told us all about her country. It sounded beautiful and she said there is awesome snowboarding there so I am going to have to check that out later. She was really nice but didn’t want to really talk about the church but I learned a couple Bulgarian words.

We also met with another less active and she gave a really cool painting of Jesus that her friend did based off of a Liahona picture. It wasn’t the original but we put it up in our apartment. She didn’t want us to come back, which was sad, but we had to respect that and just said for her to call if we can help in anything.

Another crazy thing that happened this week was I got something called Puszi from a drunken man... This is the Hungarian was of saying the like French kiss on each cheek because that’s a thing here. See... I can reject girls when they come up and want to give me Puszi... but when a guy says he wants to give me puszi, which is totally normal here, it’s like a part of the Hungarian bro hug. So I had to accept it. He was a cool dude and we had a good talk with him but the only reason we stuck around was because his friend wasn’t drunk and was actually interested so we had to take one for the team and talk to the drunk dude while one of us talked to the legit guy. It was funny and I am kinda mad it happened because I almost made it my whole mission without receiving man puszi but its okay it was good experience haha. 

We also got a let in this week and taught this lady that is into healing people with energy... it was pretty interesting and I am sorry I only talk about interesting people here but most Hungarians are interesting haha. It was cool to talk to her but will be kind of hard to teach her but she is willing to read the Book of Mormon so we are going to go back and teach her. It was cool.

I want to finish with quick thought. I love God. This is a simple sentence, but this week I realized what it really meant to me. I Know that God will lead me in my life and that he will lead all of us, and if we put him first and have him be the number 1 person in our life that we love, then all the other people in our life that we love will be blessed. He will pick us up and carry us. We will not need to worry. He will take the trials from our shoulders... so if you really love something it will be first in your life, so let us all put the most powerful and loving being in our life first.

I love you all.

Ure Elder 














No comments:

Post a Comment