Monday, May 29, 2017

Rained Down Blessings

Well this week was full of some really cool experiences. I learned a lot and I realized that God really is watching out for us and has a plan for us.

This week started out rough.... All day we got rejected and just roasted by everyone so I turned to my Companion and was like you know what’s the best? When we get rejected super hard and you know that a miracle is going to happen in the near future... Not kidding 5 minutes later we were walking on the street and stopped this lady. She was from South America and spoke better English than Hungarian so we just talked in English. She invited us to sit down on the bench and we answered a bunch of her questions and told her that we would love to bring her a Book Of Mormon so she gave us her address and that was it.... Miracles. All it takes is a little rejection and I am all about that life. 

This week it also rained like crazy... Like streets flooded and rained like crazy. So we swam around for a little bit and I was totally drenched but I love the rain. I was like running through the rain with a pure smile on my face as happy as can be. So it was great. 

We also went on splits this week and had a really good time. I was on splits twice so I didn’t really see my companion very much but it was great ha-ha. On one of the splits we tracted into this lady and she was super nice, she gave us water because it is now blazing hot and then some chocolate. So that made my day. There is hope for humanity, or we are just really good looking and people feel like they can give us chocolate. haha

We also met with this one guy that was having a really hard time progressing and this dude isn’t my investigator so I just kinda went off on him in a nice and spiritual way. I told him that the gospel only brings happiness. All it promises is blessings and eternal life, and one day we can live in a perfect state, if we follow Gods commandments, and if all of this is not true then we die and it’s over, but it is true. So why not decided to follow the commandments because what is the consequence? There is none. I told him that if he decided to do this he will know its true, and if he isn’t sure he will be later. So it was a really good lesson and I know that all the Gospel does is bless us and even if it all weren’t true, I would still be the happiest person ever.

After that in our own work we met with our investigator márti, she is a part of a faith that practices joga, and that is their form of prayer. It’s kinda like Buddhism but a little different, so we talked with her about how we can find God and how we can gain a relationship with him and know who he is. It went really well. The spirit was there and we were able to teach about how God is our loving heavenly father and that he answers our prayers. It was really cool. 

This week we went off on baptismal dates and now have 6 just in our companionship... This is insane because when I served in Győr we didn’t have 6 in the whole zone so we are being blessed like no ones business. The new people that we put on baptismal date are really cool. It is a family of three and I will talk about them a little later. 

Bogi is the woman that we are going to be baptizing on June 17th. She is really amazing and so prepared to give her life for the gospel. In our teaching when we taught tithing we asked her if she we would follow this commandment and she said, If the lord commands it then I will do it. So she is pretty much perfect and is doing really great.

Then we get to Attila and Dora!!! THIS is the week!! This Saturday at 2 they are going to be baptized and they both asked me to baptize them... I am so excited and you have no idea how ready they are. We walked into there house and Dora says... well I did it. I want to be a legit Mormon and the only way I can feel like that is if I read the whole Book of Mormon before my baptism and I did it. I finished it... I about passed out. I was so happy and proud of her. She is so great. Attila doesn’t like reading Books but reads a ton on his phone so they are both doing amazing and are ready!! It’s going to be so exciting. 

I want to finish with the family that we gave the baptismal date to. We have met with them a couple of times and they have said that if they feel like this is true than they will be baptized. Well during the teaching the mom said that they feel different while we are there, and after we leave, she said that last time we left her 14 year old boy came up to her and said we are way more happy and feel good when they are here... I was blown away. I have always heard stories about people saying this about missionaries but now I have my own story to tell. They said those exact words and I am so grateful that I can be a missionary and bring the joy of the gospel into the peoples lives here in Hungary. I love this work and I still have a lot to do.

I hope you all have a great week.


Love Elder Ure

Americans had us for dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment