Monday, May 22, 2017

LOVED THS WEEK...

This week has been crazy. 

I want to start off with the best part of the week; well actually this week has just been unreal so I am going to just start with Attila and Dora and all the stuff that happened with them this week. First of all they gave up coffee and tea and had their interview and they are ready to be baptized!!! The baptism will be in two weeks on June 3rd. I am so pumped for them and they are doing really amazing. We taught the 10 commandments and Dora always says OMG so she gave me permission to call her out and make her break her habit. She also told me that I had a huge back which I don’t know if it was a diss or not, they said there is a Hungarian saying that pretty much says someone has a back the size of the bed in a pick up truck. haha so my six months to get jacked has been working I guess haha. Also we got permission to take them to a baptism in Kispest so they could see one before they have their own and they liked it a lot they are still kind of freaking out about it but they are feeling a little better after seeing one. Then the funniest part was when a new investigator walked up to Dora and said, “Elder Ure gave a great talk in church” ( I will talk about this later) and Dora said, “ya he did, I love him so much he is the best” and the investigator was like really?? You are dating? Congratulations!! He seems like a great guy haha. When Dora told me this we were crying. I guess we look like we are dating and I am not even able to give her a hand shake longer then 5 seconds haha. So that was a really funny part of my week. 

Also this week we had a super cool English class. We translated the song you will be in my heart from Tarzan and everyone loved it. We would play the English version translate it and then play the Hungarian and the people could see the difference it was cool.

I went on splits this week with two elders and both of the splits were super great. During on of them we met with a family that we are teaching and at the end of the teaching asked them if they found out if this message was true if they would be baptized and they said yes!! So there are so many miracles happening here it’s so cool!! 

So now back to my talk. I got a one day notice to give a talk in sacrament meeting. And for anyone that has been a missionary you don’t have time to sit down and plan a talk so I did it pretty much the night before and then gave the talk the next morning. I think it went really well. I talked about missionary work and the Book of Mormon. During my talk I guess I said something that wasn’t really a gospel word, or a word that you would say over the pulpit and the guy translating (into English) turned to me and was like what? Are you sure you are wanting to say that? And I was like uh ya haha It was a slang word that I learned that means slyly or like a sneaky way of doing something because I was talking about how members can start conversations with their friends in a non scary way. But I got roasted for saying it so that was embarrassing but I got the ward laughing so I guess that was good. The talk went well and people said they enjoyed it so I was happy. 

This week while tracing we finally found cherry trees that you can just pick them off and eat them while tracting and it was the best day of my life. 

So I want to finish with two of the coolest things that happened this week. The first is our new investigator that we got from English class. We met with her twice this week and she is so prepared for the Gospel. We taught the restoration and then the plan of salvation and she was already asking about baptism so we gave her a baptismal date for June 17th and she accepted that!! So we now have a whole ton of people that might be getting baptized in the near future. So miracles are real and God really is preparing people for the gospel. 

I want to finish with something that Dora told me while Attila was getting interviewed. She told me that they were talking the other day and they were talking about how we are so similar. That we like the same things, like her favorite candy is heath.... Like we were meant to be best friends. So she goes on to tell me that her and her grandma were really close and she taught her everything and pretty much raised her and her grandma passed away 1997 April. They talked about it and she told me that she thinks her grandma and I met and that God took one of her loved ones away but sent another one. She started to cry and told me that her grandma taught her about God and now I am here to give her the rest. I told her that I totally believe that her grandma is in heaven and before I came down she came and found me and said, there is a little girl that you will meet, I taught her all I knew and now I have accepted the full truth. You need to go down there and find her and teach her the rest. I know that God has a plan for all of us and he leads our lives in ways that we would never even be able to imagine. Miracles do happen and I do know that I am here for a reason. I loved this week! 

I love you all. 

Ure Elder 

















my trainer came back to visit and my first greenie/trainee



No comments:

Post a Comment