Monday, May 15, 2017

visit from a General Authority

This week has been so full of so many spiritual experiences and amazing things that I have learned that I honestly cant write them down. Some stuff I have learned through the spirit and none of it is something that I can write. Most of them are just feelings and answers to prayers. It’s been a really amazing week. 

This week’s email is mainly going to be about the conference that we had this week. I was lucky to be able to meet Elder Kearon of the 70 and to get to be in 2 conferences with him. One was for the leaders of our mission and the other was for our zone. It was one of the most amazing weeks of my mission and I will never forget the things that I learned. 

The first thing that I wanted to share was something that is so true in our church. Church members thrive off of opposition. If we look back in church history we can see that it has been rough for a while and there will always be opposition. The reason why Elder Kearon shared this with us was because as missionaries we need to learn to thrive off of rejection and the hard things we are going through on a mission. To be honest I feel like I learned this lesson a while ago from playing football and doing sprints at the end of practice. If you go hard and put everything you have into the sprint and just about kill yourself you will be so much better next practice and even faster. Same goes for missionary work. We get rejected and mean stuff said to us and we get just a whole lot of opposition as a missionary and I honestly love it. Whenever someone is rude to us or is trying to be mean or say stuff to us it just gets me pumped and my companion has to calm me down all the time so I don’t just flip out on people ha-ha. After getting rejected the next door is even better and makes me want to work even harder so it’s a good lesson to learn. 

The next thing I learned was that we need to be the architect of our own success. If you want to be successful then go out and be successful and put your mind to it and if it’s not working then you need to do more or do something differently. I loved this because it’s really true. Everyone has 24 hours in a day it just depends on what you do with those hours to get work done!!

I also heard this super cool quote. "You bring your own weather to the picnic" I love this. You have to make the decision every day whether or not you will be happy or sad. Which leads into another thing I learned that it’s a choice not chance that determines your destiny. So find what you want, and go out and get it. I’m getting pumped up just writing this stuff. Do I sound like a public speaker yet? 

Now to get more spiritual I want to talk about prayer and something that has really  helped me to make prayer a much more meaningful thing in my life. We need to pray like we are drowning. Like it is the last ditch effort before we are going to go under the water. Because it is!! If we are not begging for the help of our Heavenly Father we will never grow or be able to have the strength to over come the trials of life. So how do we do this? It’s simple. Pray like you can’t do anything else, like it all depends on God and then wake up and work through the day like it all depends on you and then repeat. God will bless us if we put it all on him and then work as hard as we can.

I will come back to the conference but I wanted to give and update on our investigators. They are all doing great and we are having so much success. We had such a great week and they are all doing so well. We did not have the baptism interview for Attila and Dora yet because they have not yet stopped drinking coffee and tea but we bought them tea that is allowed and they love it so it’s not going to be a problem. We are super excited!! We had an amazing teaching with them and we talked about fasting and they fasted with us this Sunday and they said they loved it. We were super proud of them and then the next day Dora read 100 pages in the Book of Mormon... talk about the power of fasting. So it’s all going really well and this will for sure be a week that anyone should ask me to explain when I get home because I am leaving out a lot but this week was really amazing.

 To finish I want to finish with the message that hit me the most from the conference. It was that we need to become the message. I have realized that that right there is the point and goal of a missionary. If you can be the message all you need to do is open your mouth and people will accept the gospel. So for the last couple months of my mission that is what I will be working on. Is being the message. Being happy. Being kind. Serving and helping because that’s what I am here to do and preaching the Gospel, and I will open my mouth if I have to. I believe that we can share the gospel with all those that are around us just by who we are. So.. Be the message! I love you all. Have a great week.

Légy az üzenet.


Ure Elder 

No comments:

Post a Comment