Monday, May 8, 2017

"IT'S POPPING HERE IN PEST"

I am starting to get to the point where weeks blend together and I don’t really know what’s going on anymore. I wake up and then all of a sudden I am waking up again. Its weird. It’s like mission-ception.

This week was super awesome!! We had lots of miracles and lots of good stuff happen but... all of that was just normal missionary miracles. I count it a miracle when someone talks to me for longer than 5 seconds so we had lots of miracles. 

This week was really rainy but luckily we had lots of stuff to do to be inside so we just taught people the gospel and then got wet in the rain. What could be better? 

We taught Attila and Dora the word of wisdom and they accepted it without a problem. They are real miracles. I seriously ask myself if it is too good to be true every time I meet with them. They are so cool. Their baptismal interview was this week and they asked me to baptize them so I am really excited!!

Adding onto that, one of the sisters’ investigators is getting baptized and he also asked me to baptize him so that will be super cool also. The amount of miracles we are seeing here in Hungary is crazy. In our zone right now we have 12 baptismal dates. Like that is unheard of.  Like I have never seen that over my mission. So it’s popping over here in Pest. 

I guess I will add this story right now also because this is also about baptism. We put another one of our investigators on Baptismal date this week!! He is going to be baptized on June 10th!! We had a really good teaching with him and taught the restoration and went step by step because he believes that the Book Of Mormon is true so we told him that if that is true then Joseph smith was a true prophet that translated it through Gods power and if that is true then God himself appeared to him, and then if that happened then this is obviously Gods church and then asked him to be baptized and he said yes!!! So that’s super good news and we are going to work really hard with him to get him ready!! It’s going to be really great.

Also this week we had a church photographer here that took pictures of us teaching English class...So I guess I am going to be famous. Jk I have no idea where the pictures are going and I even asked her and she doesn’t know yet but it was still cool. 

I tell you this story for you to get a glimpse at the site of crazy Hungarian dogs... there was this dog and all it did was bark as we rang the doorbell of this house... like it was loud and would not stop. So the dude opened his window and couldn’t hear anything other than when I screamed we are missionaries so he shut the window... So I started to walk away and like I said it was rainy so there was this huge mud puddle and this dog starts running along the fence as I walk and jumps right in the puddle and it gets mud all over me... I was upset haha.  So Hungarian dogs are sometimes cute... or from Satan. It’s the luck of the draw.

We went on splits this week with the other elders in our district and one night we were out tracting and it was late. Like 8.45 and when you tract that late in Hungary you might as well write your own will. So we got yelled at and we finished the building and had five minutes before we went home and no one was on the street to talk to... probably because it was pouring rain but hey the Mormon missionaries were... so I was like “well, it’s just rain so lets go look for someone.” So we walked around getting drenched because I didn’t have a coat or anything so I was wet. It was warm rain though. The best type of rain. So we walked around and found no one and we still had sometime so I turned to the elder I was with and was like hey look, there is a light on in that building you think we can guess which bell is their’s to ring? So we walked over there and it was pouring rain and we might get yelled at but this is what I call obedience and showing faith. So we stayed out and didn’t go in early. We rang this guys door... he ended up being Chinese and didn’t even speak English or Hungarian which was funny and weird but then we went home and that was it... So the point of this story is that sometimes you have to show your faith to God and show that you love and trust him, even if what you are doing might feel pointless.

I want to finish with something that I learned from the stake conference that we had this Sunday. I was listening to a talk and he talked about how we need to pray with full intent, and then search and do all we can to find the answers that we are looking for. Not just read the scriptures and think that it’s going to jump out and smack us in the face. Instead we need to search, then pray some more and then do it all again and I know that If we do this God will give us the answers we are looking for in his time. Have faith and it all works out. That’s what I have learned this week. 

I love you all. Like always. That never changes.


Elder Ure

















No comments:

Post a Comment