Tuesday, May 2, 2017

SO MANY MIRACLES!

Well this week has been amazing. So many cool things happened and I seriously saw God leading us in all that we did. 

I will start with saying that Attila and Dora accepted May 27 as their baptismal date!!! We are so excited for them and they are going to be ready for that we feel. We are going to be teaching them all the lessons in the next couple weeks and we are super excited to see them progress. We taught the law of the tithe this week and we were worried that this topic would be a little hard for them but we taught it and Elder Leavitt bore strong testimony and we committed them to live according to it and they didn’t give us a direct answer and then Attila leaned over to me and was like... You and I are going to be the people giving the most money... ha-ha it was so funny so they accepted it and are doing really really well. It is seriously a miracle. I love them!! They also came to all three hours of church for the first time- so seriously… So many miracles!

We had our zone training this week and it went really well. We gave a training on how we can realize the spirits’ promptings better in our life and how to follow those with courage. It was a great training and I learned that we need to be honest when we pray to God. He already knows our actual feelings so we might as well tell him what we are actually feeling so he can help us and guide us. 

After the zone conference I went on splits with Elder Gentry and that was super awesome but I will come back to that in a little. 

We had some pretty funny things happen tracting this week to be honest. One of the quotes that someone told us was that anyone that is beautiful is not smart and someone that is smart is not beautiful, so I turned to the guy and was like, “wait... we are beautiful and we speak Hungarian,” and he was like no that’s not how it works... haha it was really funny. 

On another day, we had a lot of people rejecting us and trying to kick us out of buildings and yelling at us so as we were tracking this guy pulls up in his car and gets out and asks if he can help with anything, and I was like no we are just trying to talk to everyone and then out of nowhere he pulled out his phone and started videoing us and said he was a cop that wasn’t working and was making a video to use against us in court!!! I was like what ... we are literally doing nothing and he told us if we don’t leave he is going to call the cops and use this video as proof. All we were doing was ringing doors. So we waited there and sure enough the cops came and checked all our stuff and then let us go because we weren’t doing anything wrong, but it was still super funny because the under-cover cop was like freaking out and being like wait, like take them away, like he wanted to put us in jail and then the real cop just let us go. It was pretty funny and for sure a good memory that I will have. 

I would like to finish with an amazing story that happened this week with Elder Genrty and I when we were on splits. This is one of the most amazing experiences that I have had that teaches me that obedience really does matter and if we are obedient even in times when no one would know if we broke the rule, and we still are obedient to the rules, then God will bless us and help us to do miracles. Elder Gentry and I went out to a small village to help a woman that Elder Leavitt and I found a couple days before while tracting. We asked if we could help and it was the first time that a Hungarian has ever accepted my help. When we got there the women told us that we were going to get in her car and drive three kilometers to a place were there is a lot of fire wood and we were going to load that into a trailer and take it back to her house and then unload it. We explained to the women that we are sorry but we can’t go in her car alone because we have a rule that we cannot be alone with a woman in a car. So we went to her neighbor and asked if he could come with us and he didn’t have time so we told her we would love to walk over there and meet her there. She told us it would be a 20-minute walk and we didn’t have time to stay there for that long so I stood there for a second and was just like... we can run?? And Elder Gentry turned to me and was like wait, what... and then she turned to me and was like are you serious? And I said yes. We are here to help. We will run over there. So she told us where it was and we took off. Yes, I am dead serious we ran the whole 3 kilometers. It wasn’t even that far but we ran it. We got to this place where the wood was and loaded the wood and then luckily took a bus back to her house. When we got to her house we unloaded the wood and then started talking to the woman. I didn’t really know how to apply the gospel but so easily it just came up. She told us that she didn’t really believe in God but believes in energy and we ended up having an amazing conversation and we taught about what we believe in and who God is to us and how he can help us. At the end I offered a pray and prayed that we would be able to endure our trials and when I finished I looked up and the woman was crying. I asked her what was wrong and she told me that she has a lot of trials in her life and she needed our help. Right before we tracted into her the first day, she had been thinking and almost praying that someone would somehow help her and two minutes later we showed up. I bore testimony that our message can help her and we set up another time to go back. It was one of the most amazing experiences I have had on my mission and I am so grateful for it.

 I know if we are obedient God will do miracles through us. I know it’s hard sometimes but if we have faith and believe in God, we in the end will be rewarded. I love this work and I am so grateful for the chance to serve.

I know that God loves us and if we show that love to others we will be blessed. Service is the key to happiness. I love you all.


Elder Ure 





No comments:

Post a Comment