Tuesday, June 6, 2017

THE WEEK THAT EVERY MISSIONARY DREAMS OF...

This week has literally been indescribable. I will try my best to put it into words but it’s going to be hard. 

For real though you might want to get some popcorn, a comfy seat, and a box of tissues. haha 

I will start with last week on Monday. We had a great P-day and that night when we went out to work we went tracting in this crazy rich part of town... like there are two of those in Hungary I feel like, but we found one. So we are walking long and tracting mansions. I am not kidding you they were multi-million dollar houses and we come to one that didn't have a bell but as I walked by I realized that people were out on their balcony so... I was like I don't even care I am doing it. So I walk up to the fence and start yelling over to them and they all stand up and I didn’t realize but it was like ten people and I was like oh crap I’m dead. So I was just like hey we are Americans and we have a message about Jesus Christ or something like that. I can't remember exactly what I said but one guy yells back and is like do you speak English? And I was like umm ya I do. So they yell into the house and open the gate up for us... So I was like uhhh okay… So I walk in and right then this woman walks out with very dark skin and we get talking to her and find out that she is from Kenya and was dating the owner of the house. So we got talking to her and found out she is crazy religious and loves Jesus... What are the odds you find this situation in the middle of Hungary...? haha so we started teaching her about the Book of Mormon but everyone else was up on the balcony talking and so we asked if we could go up and talk to everyone and they said yes so we went up and started teaching all of them, some would come and go but it was really cool. One of us would be speaking English while the other would be translating for the rest and vise-verse. It was pretty intense but such a cool experience and we were able to get their number and are going to be going back sometime soon hopefully!

After that, I went on splits with one of the elders in our district. It was so awesome. His name is Elder Jones and he is such a homie. We are probably going to chill when we get home and work together because we both have awesome ideas so it was really cool. We met with another girl that was from South America that Elder Leavitt and I found a week ago and had to give to the other elders because she lived in their area but we met with her and she made us pie and was so nice and open. I think she could be a serious investigator because she is really open to what we have to say... Go figure she is from South America... ha-ha 

Later on in the week, I also went on splits with Elder Fitzgerald the assistant and we had such a good time. I love him and we work super well together. We can just joke around and preach the Gospel, what’s better than that? So we were tracting and we got let into a building out of nowhere and I walked in and was like... ehhh I don't think we should be here. So we left and started talking to people on the street and we ended up finding this really nice mom that was interested and gave us her number and so it was a cool little miracle and testimony that God is guiding His work! 

The next day Elder Fitzgerald and I went over to our investigators house named Márti and had a great teaching about charity and she really liked it because she is a form of Buddhist. If you have any tips or ideas please let me know! She is great though, and after we went out into her yard and cut wood for her... She handed me this massive axe and I just started going crazy on the wood. Put me in a plaid shirt and overalls and I would be a serious lumberjack. Haha!!!!    So that was super fun to get some manliness going but after we sat down and had lunch and she cooked us this unreal organic lunch that changed my life. I loved it!! ha-ha. 

This week we met with Bogi a lot to get her ready for her baptism in two weeks. She passed her interview and she asked me to be the one to baptize her!! I don’t know what is happening but everyone wants me to baptize them and I am not complaining because it’s awesome. This week I will be baptizing the sisters investigator Dezső. He is the modern day Einstein. He is such an interesting guy and he is doing great!! So the next up coming weeks are going to be really full and awesome. 

I know this is a beast of an email so stand up take a five minute break and come back because this is the best part. 

Now onto the baptism. So there is a song by the Nashville Tribute Band called "The work". It’s about missionary work and it’s a super good song and there is a part in it that talks about him listening to the font fill and how it was the best sound ever.... Well I can attest to that being one of the coolest sounds ever. I was sitting there and I realized what was about to take places. I realized that 2 months ago these people did not even know that there was a living prophet on the earth today and that Jesus Christ and his Father appeared to Joseph Smith and now they were about to make saving covenants... It was a powerful moment and I am so grateful that I could experience it. We took lots of pictures and talked and then the baptism started. I gave my talk and it went really well. I honestly didn't have time to prepare a lot because of splits so I just got up and spoke from the heart but I still had some good stuff planned and I think it went well. Then followed the baptism and as I stepped into the water and Dora met me in the water I just was taking it all in and then... I realized that the water was way too shallow! haha I was like oh no this is going to be rough. A guy from the high council came and filled the font and he didn't fill it enough but I was like, well there is no turning back now. So I baptized her and her baptismal clothes were floating on the surface of the water so I had to do it twice so I had to really get in there! haha I was totally wet by the end because I had to like crouch down to make sure she was all the way in. The same happened with Attila but it actually turned out to be a really cool thing. I got into the bathroom and asked Attila how he felt and he was just like... good. Like really good I can’t even explain it. I was just like wow... that is really cool. I am so happy for you. You are clean man!! And he was like the even cooler part is that you baptized us both twice. I was like wait what? And he was like ya when we were younger we figured out that our lucky number is 2 and I know that it needed to be like this. I was like... uh wow that’s super cool. So God makes up for everything. He knows so much more than we do and it ended up being perfect. They were both so happy and I was so happy and it was just really great. 

After the baptism we played basketball with Attila for a little while Bogi was getting her interview and then went to Attila and Dora’s for dinner to celebrate. They made gulyás, which was so good because that’s one of my favorites so all together it was just an amazing day. 

After dinner, we started our fast and the following day was a beast. I was so tired and dehydrated but I survived the fast but I was just nervous for the confirmation and mix that with fasting and then being tired equals for a beast of a day. So we showed up at church and I was talking to Elder Leavitt about being nervous and he told me this psychology trick because that's what he studied before his mish that if you trick yourself to be excited then your mind will switch the feelings to excitement because your body does the same thing when it is nervous and excited. So I did that and it worked!! I wasn't nervous and the blessing went really good. I confirmed both of them and during Attila’s blessing I was prompted to tell him that if he serves God with his whole heart he will do miracles... So that was pretty cool and I don't even know where that thought came from but it was a really cool experience. The church members were really nice and talked to them and it was a really great day!! In the third hour I was asked to translate and it was super hard. I give props to anyone that is really good at translating but it went well and I was able to do it and people complimented me after so it was pretty cool. So with all that going on and fasting... I was dead. So it was a great feeling to be able to relax and eat later that day. 

If you have made it all the way to this part of my email I am truly proud of you and I hope you felt the spirit as you read because it has been an amazing week and is hard to explain the feelings that I have felt. I love this work and I know I was sent here for a reason and I wouldn't give this up for anything. I know the Lord has a plan for His children and I know he is leading my path. I hope you all have a great week.


Love Elder Ure 

























No comments:

Post a Comment