Monday, June 27, 2016

TRUST IN YOURSELF

Well this week has been full of some crazy days and if I could call this week anything it would be the week of Hungarian. I don’t think I have ever spoke or listened to more Hungarian in my whole life. I got to a point where my brain just about shut off. It was awesome. I’m learning so much. It’s a very painful way to learn the language but it is coming along just fine! 

Anyway, this week for my birthday the sisters brought me cookies and wrote me a song. One of the sisters plays ukulele and they made a song for me it was super cool. They are awesome sisters. After that we went and had dinner on a boat. It was this really nice restaurant out on the water of the river and was super cool. Awesome and unforgettable birthday!

Thank you all for the birthday wishes, they mean a lot! 

This week was also super hard! I had to say goodbye to my best friend Elder Murdock. I was super happy to see him go because he has had an amazing mission but I am also going to miss him! I luckily got to say good-bye to him because we went up to Budapest for zone conference and he wet home the next day! Zone conference was amazing and we had some cool experiences going up to Budapest on the train. We started talking to this guy and he had a lot of questions and we were able to answer them and tell him all about our church and why we are here. It was really awesome. 

We gave out all our books on the train and when we started talking to another person we realized we didn’t even have a book to give them. Super sad but I guess it was good that we had already given them out. You can only carry a certain amount of books so it was really cool.

This week the Hungarian team played a game and we just happened to be tracting during the game and the people were super not interested in what we had to say so we changed our approach and asked if they were watching the game and if they said yes we would ask if we could watch it with them hoping they would ask us about why we are here and who we are... even then everyone didn’t want to talk to us. So don’t tract when Hungary is playing soccer.

This week has also been the hottest so far. I feel like I say that every week but it seriously gets hotter and hotter every week and every week I feel like I am going to die. So this week since we don’t know where anything is we had to search for where one of our investigators lives and it took forever and was in the middle of the day in the heat. We walked all over town and figured out that she lived right by where we live.... she just gave us the wrong street number. But we met with her ad it was awesome. We taught her about the book of Mormon and she said she is going to pray about it so that is super cool. The only bad part is her daughter is a Mormon hater and told her to not meet with us but the old lady went behind her daughters’ back and met with us. I was proud of her ha-ha. 

Also this week I had a true test of my Hungarian knowledge and gospel. We were walking down the street and there were a couple kids and a dad out side sitting on the wall and the dad told us to come over, so we started to talk to him and it quickly turned gospel and we started talking about why we are here and slowly one by one more and more people joined the conversation. Before no time the whole family was outside listening and asking questions. It was really cool but I really had to stretch my vocabulary. We gave the dad a book of Mormon and next week are going to go back and teach them the lessons. Super super cool but the dad has some strong and kinda weird thoughts about God so it will be interesting when we go back. 

We then had a really long hot and just straight up hard day. We walked and walked and it was so hot and we were both really tired and just all day worked outside and it was getting close to when we were going to go back when we got stopped by a young girl who started to ask us about who we are and what we are doing here. She ended up knowing a little bit about us and we had a really good conversation. It was really fun because I was able to joke around with her and to teach her pretty much the restoration as we just talked and were friends. She said she might come to English class so we will teach her more there hopefully.


Then to finish this email off with some big news!!! I think in the upcoming month we will be baptizing three boys!!! They are a part-member family and the boys all want to get baptized so this week we are going to give them a date! IT is going to be really cool. They invited us over to have dinner, which ended up being a barbeque and was so cool and amazing food and then we taught the plan of salvation to them, I am so excited to teach them more. They are all such cool kids and are going to be a really big addition to the ward here. I am stoked!!!

I would like to finish with a quote I heard this week in zone conference.

If a bird lands on a branch, it doesn’t trust the branch that it won’t break, it trusts in its own wings. 

Sometimes we doubt our own abilities. Don’t. Trust in yourself and you will watch yourself do miracles.

Sok szeretettel 

Ure Elder 













No comments:

Post a Comment