Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Sorry, no crazy stuff

So this week we didn’t really have any crazy stories or a lot to write about so I will try to fill this email as much as I can with what happened this week.

At the beginning of the week we opened the windows to get some fresh air to come into our apartment because it was so hot, and the wind started to blow and one of our widows slammed shut and shattered the whole window and all the glass wet out onto the street and blew up everywhere. So we had to run out there and sweep it up and call the land lord... that was a fun call in Hungarian. I don’t know the word for blew up in Hungarian. Ha-ha I was able to explain it though and we got it all figured out so that is good.

This week we went on splits to Szombathely and it was really good. Nothing crazy happened but I was able to learn some stuff from the zone leaders and it was great. When we came back we went to this German club thing because my comp speaks German and he was able to help some people out and help them learn German better. It was good for me too because I spoke Hungarian and the German students had to translate the Hungarian into German so I got to practice also. It was super fun. At the end we were able to talk all about the book or Mormon and tell the people why we were here and why we talk weird and came from such far places. We ended up giving out 2 Books and had a really cool conversation with one of the guys about it.

This week we have been tabling a lot. This is when we take a table set it up in the middle of the city put books of Mormons on it and then just talk to everyone that walks by. It was super successful and we had some really great talks. I had two conversations that were probably 45 minutes long about the city and then the Book of Mormon and then back to the city. It was really cool. One of them was an old lady sitting on a bench and she let me sit by her and we just talked and I gave her a book of Mormon. She was super cute. The other was a super long conversation with a guy that respected me so much and everything I do. He just kept telling me that I was such an example to the world and that he thinks what I do is so respectable and asked why I decided to stop and talk to him, so I told him that I want to give the information and happiness that I have to everyone because it really can help everyone and he was just the nicest Hungarian I have ever talked to in my life. It was a really cool and gratifying talk. 

This Friday we had a compliment Friday which is where we walk around and everyone we talk to we have to give them a compliment, so elder Romer complimented an old lady on her dress and it was so funny how she reacted. She just laughed and didn’t even thing it was real so he said it again and then she realized he was actually being nice and seriously giving her a compliment and she completely changed and was super nice. Hungarians are very hard on the outside but soft and gooey on the inside.

We also got kicked out of a building this week.  It was really frustrating and the lady was really mean so I learned to be nice and to hold my tongue once again this week. All we wanted to do was talk to people and she made us leave. ha-ha. I just wanted to be her friend. 

I would like to finish with a quick spiritual thought. This week we talked about how the gospel can fix anything in our lives. We can find out what we need to do in our lives and can receive guidance in any part of our life. 

2 Nephi 31.20
2 Nephi 32.3

These scriptures talk about feasting upon the word and they will tell us all that we need to do. All we have to do is trust that, and that God can really show us the path that we need to be on. I know that this is true and I know that God wants to help us. I love you all so much. I will try to make some more crazy stuff happen this week.


Ure Elder 








No comments:

Post a Comment