Monday, July 11, 2016

AWFUL TO AWESOME

This week has been all over the place and I almost don’t have words to describe how it was. The 4th sadly was pretty lame and all we did was play soccer and I don’t even like soccer. So I am sorry to inform you all that yes the 4th in Hungary is lame. 

This week I will give you a random update on the people that come to English class. We had a guy come this week that is a pilot of a glider and he ended up inviting us to go. So we could have gone flying.... which would have been super coo, but hey maybe he will take me when I come back.

So the first three days of this week were awful. Probably three of the hardest days yet just because people would not talk to us and were so mean. We couldn’t even get out three words before they slammed to door; so Elder Romer and I started playing a game. If you could get five words in before they shut the door you get a point. It made it not so bad ha-ha. 

So lets just leave it at that and say that it was a rough start to the week but then the week turned real fast. We had a program with a very old lady and brought a really cool member that helped a lot because I did not understand what this lady was saying. She had no teeth and didn’t really pronounce things. So it was a big help but I understood enough that they were talking about blessings at one point during dinner. So when it comes time for us to start teaching it was pretty late so we said we will just leave a spiritual message and out of no where the member says and a blessing. I guess I must have missed it but they talked about us giving her a blessing because she was really sick and she said she wanted one. So out of nowhere here I am about to give my first Hungarian blessing... So we get ready and do the oil and my companion does a great job and then I come and put my hands on her head and start to talk. I was so nervous and had no idea what I was going to say and it was in Hungarian so it was even scarier but right when I started to talk the spirit came over me and it almost felt like lighting coming out of my fingers it was so strong. I became calm and just spoke. I have no idea what I said but it just came and after I couldn’t remember almost anything about what I said. It was such an amazing experience and a really cool first blessing experience in Hungarian!

This week we talked to a lot of people on the street and we saw a massive success from it. We met this guy and set up with him to meet one day later and he came! During the program he listened and liked everything we had to say, so we felt the spirit and asked him if he got and answer that the book of Mormon was true, would he be baptized and he said yes!! We didn’t give him an actual date and we don’t know how real he is about it but it was so cool to just ask him in the first lesson and for him to say yes!! So pray for him to be real and want the gospel in his life! His name is Attila. 

So this week we had a date with Elder Romers street find. He got talking to a mom and she wanted to talk about the Gospel but for us to also meet her daughter so it was really funny but ended up being the coolest thing ever. We talked to them forever and they had so many amazing questions about our religion and I was able to talk to them about fasting and the miracles that come from it and that it is a true power. I was able to talk a little about my uncle and that through prayers and fasting he was healed and how much of a miracle that was. They loved it and were so interested so it is amazing what God’s plan is, we just need to be following his path. 

In church this week I was sitting next to the lady that gave a talk. so when she went up there I was sitting by her bag and right during her talk her phone starts to ring and she stops talking and everyone turns and looks at me and so I start looking through her bag to turn her phone off and finally get it to turn of... so that was funny. 

After church was when the real miracle happened. We were able to give three baptismal dates to the three boys that we are teaching. They are studs and they will be baptized on August 6th. I am so excited for them and it was such a blessing for all of them to accept that date. 

Then after church I had one of the coolest experiences ever. We got invited to give service at a disabled home for older people and I usually would have been a little hesitant because it has always been hard for me to go to things like this but when I went yesterday I was truly changed. Right when I got off the bus one of the ladies. (The one in the green that is hugging me in the picture) came up and attached to my arm and didn’t let go almost the whole time I was there. I was able to gain a true love and just happiness to be around these people and I couldn’t have loved it more. I was able to lose myself and be able to see them as God’s children and learn from them. To see how close they are to our Savior and to see how much I really can learn from them. I was able to play soccer with them and just be able to have so much fun. I am so thankful for the experience because I learned so much. I can’t tell you what I learned, I am just changed from the experience and those people softened my heart. It was amazing. 

I am so thankful for this week and couldn’t be happier. It is hard but I love it. I love you all. Try to look for Christ in all those around you!!

Elder Ure 




No comments:

Post a Comment