Monday, June 20, 2016

I GOT A TOASTER!

Well this week has been insane. This week started with us running to the train to go to Budapest for transfers with all my suitcases and barely making it on to the train as it drove away. But hey, we made it and that’s all that matters. So we went up to Buda and I met my new comp. He is an awesome elder from Switzerland. He speaks like 5 languages and English isn’t his first. So its super fun to talk to him. When we got to our new city it was pretty much like going to one of the biggest cities in the mission and not knowing where you live or where anything is. So we got a little help form one of the sisters and were able to find our apartment. The new apartment is amazing compared to my last one. It is huge and has the most amazing stuff in it. Like a toaster. I can finally make toast and it’s the best thing I have had in 8 months. It was really great. We then walked around the city for a little and it was seriously gorgeous. This city is what Europe looks like on TV but in real life. This morning my companion and I went for a run along the river and across some really cool bridges. It was beautiful.

This week I started from nothing and it was a well..... Pretty crazy experience. I picked up the phone and called just about as many people as I could. It was hard and made me grow a lot because phone calls are really scary in Hungarian, even more so when the person has a really hard voice to understand over the phone or they mumble... so lets just say I had some pretty awkward phone calls with some people. My companion is still really new so I am the one talking the whole time recently and it has been pretty hard. My language is being forced to grow and I don’t know if it wants to. So we will see. It is some really awesome practice that’s for sure. This week we had a guy call us up and say he wanted to meet and of course we didn’t know who he was so we found his house and he waiting outside and said to walk with him so we did. He then started to fire of questions about the Book of Mormon and wanted to know everything so as we walked I taught him about the book of Mormon and Joseph Smith. It was really hard because he is really hard to understand but it was still a really cool experience. The ward also has a ton of little kids that play sports with us so that will be super fun. I don’t have much more time to write so I will just try to say it super fast. We also had this super cool thing happen when the Hungarian team was playing soccer. Everyone was out on the streets and we were talking to a lady about it and while I was telling her about it, Hungary scored and the whole town blew up with cheering and all that. It was super cool. So we gave a Book out in the middle of a party. Well that’s all for this week. Sorry it was short. I love you all so much. You guys are the best.


Love, Elder Ure



1 comment:

  1. Was looking for a slightly retro look, good quality, and a frozen product feature. This cutie had them all for a fairly reasonable price. I am still toaster figuring out the proper darkness setting for my of frozen waffles and rolls, but it works quite quickly, and looks sweet. The box it comes in is adorable, too, if you care about that sort of thing!

    ReplyDelete