Tuesday, June 14, 2016

WORDS CAN'T DESCRIBE THIS WEEK...

This week has been one of the best weeks of my life. I have had so much fun, I have worked super hard, I have seen mircales that only the hand of God could have done, and I've never been so happy.

I will start by saying that I got transferred! I will be getting a new companion and a new city tomorrow! My new companion has only been on his mission for 4 months and is just getting done being a greenie. So that is insane. He is from switzerland!! We both will be going to a whole new city that we know nothing about. So we will have to find our way around pretty much by ourselves. The city I am going to is called Győr. I would love to hear all of you try to say this one hahah. Its even hard for all the missionaries to say. I will be the new district leader in the city too! So it is going to be one crazy experience!! I am super excited!

This week my Comp and I finally ran to a bus and made it on time and didn't miss it. We sprinted for a mile... No joke it was a mile in under 6 minutes to make it to the bus stop. Just put the image of two kids in a white shirt and tie with backpacks running down the street as fast as they can in the middle of Hungary and that's exactly what it looked like haha. 

This whole week I have been up and down in my language skills. I have had times where I seriously can't speak at all and I feel like I don't know any Hungarian, but there are also times when I am speaking and it is just as easy as speaking English. Its crazy how that works but I will tell a couple stories about that later in my email. 

The first story I want to start with this week is probably one of the funniest, gross-est, awesomest, manliest things I have ever done. It was so much fun. This week we had interviews in Miskolc and we got there early so we went out to lunch. So we were looking for a place to eat and saw a"Man Vs. Food" sign on a place with a American flag sooooo of course that's where we went. The place was called "devour up America". So we walk in and it was all decked out with American stuff and was just a super cool place. So we sit down and start looking at the menu and they just have massive burgers starting from one patty all the way up to five. The last burger on the menu was the Man vs. Food challenge burger. It has 5 patties of meat all with cheddar cheese on them. Tons of bacon, and almost a full salad of veggies on it with a massive bun and fries on the side. The thing weighed 3 kilos..... IT WAS HUGE. Soooo we all start talking about it and I start thinking well maybe I could do it. The challenge was to eat the whole thing in 20 minutes. So I decided to get it and do it just for the experience. So the thing comes out and is by far bigger than my head. The guy gets the timer and I start going at it. After 5 patties of meat I started to slow down but the place had really good music and everyone was cheering me on so I started to eat to the music haha. Sorry if this is gross to some people but it was an awesome experience. So I am still eating and I have almost ate the whole thing except some veggies the bun and some fries and the guy says my time is up. So sadly I didn't win but it was one of the funniest things I have ever done. I will never forget it. The best part is that lunch was before my interview with my mission president haha. So I had my interview and it all went great. I wasn't hungry for a solid day and a half after though. 

This week one of our investigators got really sick and asked for a blessing from us so after we got back from interviews we went over to their house and talked to them and then gave the blessing. Elder Lee gave the blessing and I did the anointing. During the blessing the spirit was so strong and I just felt so peaceful. I love giving blessings and I am so thankful that I have the priesthood to bless people's lives with. I know that it is the power of God and it can truly make miracles come to pass. After the blessing she got up and said that during the blessing it felt like lighting was touching her head and was such a cool feeling for her. That was Thursday, and now she is doing better. It was such a miracle and changed my life to see her gain a testimony of the Preisthood.

This week we met with one of our investigators that I have met with ever since I got here in December and I was able to ask him if he would be baptized and he said yes!!!! Sadly, I won't be here but it was seriously so cool to here him accept the date we gave him!! I am so excited for him and that his life will be changed forever from it. It was such a cool experience and made a lot of hard work pay off!!

This week tracting was super cool. First of all,  Hungary for some reason planted cherry trees all along the roads in this city so all we do while we tract is just walk down the street and pick cherries and eat them. It makes tracting so much more fun. I love it. The cherries are aslo super good and free!! 

This week tracting we got let in by a old lady and I was able to explain the whole Book Of Mormon to her. It was the first time I did it and felt super comfortable. I just spoke and it all came out perfectly almost and it felt so good. The gift of tounges is such a cool thing and when you feel it in you, and use it, it blows your mind. It was a really cool experience and I am super grateful that I was able to tell that néni about  The BOM. 

This week ended with one of the most amazing experiences and miracles I have ever seen and probably even heard in my life. On saturday we got a call while we were doing comp study and it was from a number we didn't have in our phone so I answered in Hungarian and the person on the other side of the phone just kind of mumbled and said.... Do you speak English? So I said yes and started laughing. It was super weird because it was perfect English with a American accent. So the guy starts talking and it ends up being a missionary that served in Nyiregyháza 12 years ago. He was on his honeymoon with his new wife in Austria and was calling from there. He starts to explain to me that back in December he got a hand written letter from a man that he tracted into 12 years ago. He gave the man a Book Of Mormon and that was it. In this letter the man said that he knows the Book of Mormon is true and that the missionary changed his life. So the guy that called us asked if he was a member or if we knew him and I said no I dont know him but it sounds familiar. I said that we will look in our area book and see if we can find him. So he gives us his address and we say we will go look him up tomorrow and we hang up the phone. I then go pick up the area book and open it and there were a couple of loose papers on the top because just a week earlier we dug through the area book throwing out old records and finding people to look up. So I turn the second paper and BOOM sitting right there is this guys progress record. It even had the date and the name of the Elder that found him written on the paper. The insane part about finding this guys paper was the fact that we went through the book a week earlier and the only reason I didn't throw it out was because I wanted to look him up. So a week before this call I looked up this exact person but the address was written wrong on the paper and now that we got the right address from this phone call we can go back and look him up. So yesterday we went and did just that. We went to where he lives and rang his bell and he opened the door and was just stunned. He said it was the best surprise he could have thought of and we told him all about the story and he told us to come in and we talked to him and laughed and just had such a good time. He is the coolest person I have ever met in Hungary. He is so happy and just loves life. He doesnt drink, he has never smoked before in his life and he loves the Book of Mormon. He said he wants us to come back so we got his number and The missionaries are going to start meeting with him. Sadly I will be leaving but his name is Attila and he could use some prayers. He is so cool and I can't wait to hear what happenes with him. It was one of the most amazing and testimony building experiences I have ever had. All we have to be is patiant and the lord will bless us. he is doing miracles amoung us even if we don't see them right now. I know this church is true with my whole heart. I know that God has a plan for all of us and he loves us on the most personal level we can think. I am so grateful for this gospel. 

I love you all so much. 
Elder Ure
GYOR
'Man Vs Food Challenge'














No comments:

Post a Comment