Wednesday, June 8, 2016

WEEK OF RAIN

This week it has been raining a ton! It has been a nice change of weather but it would not stop some days and it makes it hard to talk to people on the streets and even when you are inside! This week has been a week full of not so nice Hungarians, but hey what can you do. Just got to love em.

We had a lot of times when people would just slame the door and not even let us get any words out. Then we would have times when we would say who we are and what we are doing and they would just look at us and pause... and it would be silent... and then they would shut the door and say they didnt have time. Those are my favorite. The little excuses to make it kind of nice to close the door in someones face. Then you would have times when people just like to yell at you so we leave before they even shut the door. Dont get me wrong there are nice hungarians, and I love them all, some just have a weird way of showing there love. Its like when a little kid likes a girl in elementary school... what does he do? He goes and is a jerk to her thinking that will work. The Hungarians just dont know they like us yet. 

After a long week of tracting... sorry I dont have anything else to talk about because that is seriously all we did this week, we found a success! We were tracting and this super cool guy opened the door and we talked to him for a long time and invited us to get ice cream with him a couple days later. So we go back and try to find him again and he disappered into thin air. We went into the building and knocked on his door and a old lady (néni) opened the door and started yelling at us because we bugged her last night... it was true because we had been tracting there the night before this. So we said sorry and that it was an accident but she didnt not care she just kept telling us that she is old and we shouldnt keep bugging people and wanted to know all this stuff and who we were looking for. At the same time we were super confused too because we thought the guy we found lived here not this néni. So we said sorry again adn that it was probably one floor up and that we didnt mean to bug her. so we went up there and it wasnt that floor either but the old lady wouldnt go inside she was just waiting for us to come back down again to yell at us more.... So we went back down.... she yelled at us more and then we left. We looked forever to find this guy and could not find him. We thought he was a Ghost and someone was playing a sick joke on us, the one time we find someoneto teach and he isnt even real haha. 

Well just today I was walking into a store to buy foo and I saw the guy and shoock his hand to make sure he was real and he gave us his address again and we are going to go back later. So it all ended well but we found a very unhappy néni.

Recently we have been meeting with this really old lady that has really bad back problems so she cant really stand or even sit up sometimes. It is a really sad situation because she reads and does all the things we teach her but she is just not able to come to church or anything like that so we dont know how to move forward with her. This week was the last time I was going to meet with her because I will probably be going to a new city next week so I had to say goodbye to her and it was so sad! I was the one that found her and we have become super good friends and I love her to death. She has a place in my heart just below my owen grandparents. When I told her that I had to go and I would be leaving she started to cry and pulled me in and gave me the hungarian kisses on the cheeks. NO ONE GET MAD AT ME. How could I reject a cute little lady. She pulled me and and said she loved me and wished me the best. It was the cutest thingI have ever seen and I loved it. She is one of my best friends.

I would like to finish with something I learned in the scriptures the other day. It is in Mormon 9 verses 27 and 28. It talks about how that this life isnt just to suffer through. When we need help we can ask! We can believe that we can recieve help in all parts of our life and all we need to do is go to the Lord with a full heart and work out our own salvation. That is my favorite part. It is up to us, and its easy, we just need to do it and ask to be saved. Ask with power and turn from tempation and The savior of the world will save you. 

I love you guys so much and miss you all! 
Elder Ure 


EIGHT MONTHS!




No comments:

Post a Comment