Wednesday, June 1, 2016

"Let's talk about Jesus..."

I will start with an announcement this week that yes... I am still in Nyiregyháza; My greenie city. Still am yet to go somewhere else but hey there is a reason for everything and I have loved it here so I am not complaining. I think I will be going to a new city in two weeks! I am super excited!

This week was crazy!! I have never been hotter in my whole life. I got my mission call and was like sweeeeeet, that means; I won’t be going to some blazing hot mission in Africa.... Nope it’s still so hot here. It is humid and just suffocating and isn’t even close to as hot as it is going to be. I love the hot just not when I am in a missionary outfit, but hey at least now I can get a super good farmers tan and a wicked watch tan. 

I will start this email with the craziest thing I have ever heard in my life. The first thing is about Ironman. In the first ironman when ironman is in the cave making his suit and had the doctor there that saved his life, the part when the people try to come into the room and the doctor tries to talk to them but doesn’t know their language????? That’s becasue he speaks Hungarian. He says a couple Hungarian words to them!! Ironman will be the coolest movie to watch when I go home just because of that. Then the second thing is even crazier. I heard this from a Hungarian and I don’t know how reliable this is because I can’t see if it is real but it still blew my mind. If any of you have heard of the video game HALO 4 you will know what I am talking about. If not, I’m sorry you can skip down to the next part of my email but in the video game halo there are aliens and I found out that the aliens speak Hungarian. the game makers needed a language that no one would recognize so they picked Hungarian. So whenever you play halo and hear the aliens talk.... That’s the language I speak... an alien language in a video game hahaha. 


This week we had surprise splits with our zone leaders. We were going to have them next week but one of the missionaries got sick so we had to go on splits with them this week and it was super cool!! We streeted this guy that was eating ice cream and started talking to him and out of no where he offers to get us ice cream, we said no but he insisted so we got free ice cream from some random guy on the street. We ended up talking to him forever and getting his number and he even liked us enough that he wants us to go horse- back riding with him and his family. We passed on that but it was still super cool and he was super nice.


This week Elder Lee and I got so into tracting that we didn’t realize what time it was and when we looked we only had five minutes to get to the bus stop which was like three quarters of a mile away so me and Lee just take off running in the heat and we are just booking it and right when we turn the corner of the street where the bus goes it drives past us, so I take off on a dead sprint after the bus and lets just say I am out of shape or something but we missed the bus. I will say I was hauling but Hungarian buses are just too fast. 

This week we also pretty much built a house. I sent a picture home of me in the attic of a house because I used a hammer and chisel to make a whole through a members ceiling. We then later put up sheet rock for him so it was a very manual labor work day. It was cool to help him though and he bought us fresh strawberries so it was totally worth it. 

A really amazing spiritual thing happened this week during a program with an inactive member. This member has been struggling for a long time and I have met with him a ton in the last 6 months so we have been able to become super close with each other. During the program he opened up more than he ever had. I had the amazing experience of being able to relate to how he felt because I once had the same feelings. I was able to use the gift of tongues and just talk to him. I felt my Hungarian grow more than I have ever seen it and I just testified and it made my testimony grow like crazy. I was so thankful that I could be there in that moment to tell him that he is not alone and if he keeps trying he will be blessed and find answers. It was a time where I knew I needed to be right there in that room and that God knew that I could help him. I sure hope I did.

We also met with this really old lady this week that is to old to come to church because she is bed ridden. It is really sad but she is still really nice but just isn’t totally there. This made me laugh so hard but she said her power was out, That’s not the funny part I feel really bad for her, but after she said that, she tried to cook noodles in the microwave for two hours and they didn’t cook... I hope I get to that point one day when I am just a cute little old man that has no idea what is going on anymore. I love old people and she made my day. 

This week in church was fast Sunday and it will be my last real Sunday here in this city so I was asked to bear my testimony. It went well I think and I will share with you a little of what I said. I talked a lot about how if we have the gospel at the center of our lives then life will go so much smoother and we will be blessed so much more. If we focus on the most important things and not the craziness of the world we will be able to feel the spirit more in our lives and will be able to be guided more in the decisions we make. I know this is true. 

I will finish with a miracle that happened yesterday. As we where tracting we rang the bell and a guy walked out shirtless... this is very common here and I have just got used to it. Anyways I asked him what makes him happy in life and he replied with Jesus.... SOOO of course I was like welllllll, uhhhh That’s kinda why we are here… To talk about Jesus. So I said back, wow that’s awesome, we usually talk to people about Jesus, and right then he said wow great come on in...... Seriously had the exact experience as the missionaries do in the Hello song that those kids redid. Elder Lee and I just turned to each other and was like..... HELLO FROM THE INSIDE!!!! haha it was so cool. The coolest part was the stuff we talked about. The guy had the exact same beliefs as us and he is a perfect investigator and said we could come back next week. His name is béla so it would be great if you could keep him in your prayers!! I know that God led us to him and it was a really amazing feeling to just have someone listen to you. 

This week was a really amazing week as a missionary. It was hot, it was hard, and it was full of trials, but we saw so many blessings. When life gets cluttered with heat and just junk that you can’t take anymore, look for the blessings. They are there and God is always watching out for us. I know that personally. I have felt it, and I have seen it. No matter how alone you feel, you can always see the light if you look hard enough.


Elder Ure 



No comments:

Post a Comment