Monday, July 10, 2017

TRANSFER WEEK, JULY 3, 2017

Well I made it to my new city. It’s great. It’s huge and has a ton of buildings to tract. So we are going to get to work, which is going to be super awesome. My new companion is awesome. He is from Layton and his name is Elder Robinson. We like the same things and both want to work hard so it’s going to be a great transfer.

At the begging of this week, it was rough because I had to say goodbye to Attila and Dora. I hated that. It was really hard and I already miss them but it was time for me to move on and to find new people in new places. I love them!

I finally got to ride on a train again for the first time in a really long time. I love riding on trains and the ride is about 2 and half hours long so it’s great. 

When we got to Miskolc I put my stuff down, went shopping and then we went to a teaching. We have a lot of investigators, which is really awesome, and we are teaching a couple of families. The first family is a family of recent converts and their little girls. The girls are 8 and 9 years old and they are just the cutest little things in the world. We started to teach them and this week planned their baptism, we will be teaching them because one of them will be a convert baptism and so we are going to be having another baptism this transfer, and it’s just the first week!!! “Doin Work!!” So it’s going to be super awesome. 

The people are really open here and I think we will be able to be really successful. Our apartment is great but I am back to sleeping on a couch pretty much. One of the nights we tried to move the furniture around in our apartment and it ended up working but then we had to move a huge couch out of our bedroom... So we tried to move it just us and we didn’t realize how heavy it was until we were already committed to moving so... we worked on it for a good 45 minutes and couldn’t get it to fit into any rooms and it was time to go to bed so we just left it in out in the hallway and ended up moving it another night. We got it all figured out but it was a good bonding activity ha-ha. It was funny and now I have a little more comfortable bed that’s awesome. 

Church was great. I was asked to introduce myself and so I gave my testimony and talked about myself. What I didn’t know was that one of the members from my first city moved to Miskolc. Way back then I couldn’t really speak Hungarian and now I can, so we were able to talk and it was really weird. It was awesome because he always roasted me for not being able to speak and now I can, and he was like “wow, you speak well” and I was hey thanks ha-ha so it was funny and kinda cool to talk to him again. 

Other than that nothing crazy happened this week. I am really excited for this transfer and I am excited to get used to my city better. 

I hope you all have a great week and everyone is doing well. I love you all!!


Ure Elder




No comments:

Post a Comment