Monday, July 24, 2017

I Love This Work

This week has been amazing. So much amazing stuff has happened and I will try to fit it all in. So last week we went on a hike for p day and it was unreal. I loved it and it was so nice to get out into the mountains again. Or like hills I guess. I loved it.

This week we have been apartment shopping because we live in an apartment that is owned by a missionary and he is coming home so we are going to have to move out. It will be fine because we found one in the middle of the city that is super nice and it’s going to be a really good apartment to move into. 

This week we had a really cool thing happen. We went to a teaching and talked to the member we brought and she was telling us about a missionary experience she had. She said that she was able to give a book to a lady and she thought it was really cool... we stopped and just freaked out because we stopped that exact person on the street that same day and she told us she got a book and was going to call us... so that was a straight miracle and ended up being so cool. I was so happy. God is looking out for us and we have awesome members!! 

This week I was sitting on a bench and this young girl came and sat next to me and she looked really familiar. So I started talking to her and she said, I know who you are, I met with you a year and a half ago... I was like wait what? And then we kept talking and I realized that when I was a new missionary I came on splits here to Miskolc and tracted into her and her family and the missionaries started teaching them... and I found her again!!! We got her number and are going to meet sometime soon hopefully. It was super cool and I was just blown away. 

We had a lot of cool stuff happen this week with our investigators and they are all progressing super well and the work is on fire!  But I want to tell about one story. 

This story is about the Priesthood. This week we met with the Glonczi family and one of the girls was really sick. These are the girls that are going to be baptized in two weeks. We are super pumped about it. So one of the girls wasn’t able to listen a lot because she was in the bathroom having stomach problems, IF I am being straight up honest she was in the room with us and during the teaching and tried to get up and run to the bathroom but didn’t make it and threw up right in front of me. Only a little got on me but I wasn’t even mad. I just felt so bad for her because I could tell she was really sick. So at the end of the lesson they asked if we would give her a blessing. So we knelt by her bed and placed our hands upon her head and gave her a blessing. I was the one that talked and once again it was such a cool experience. The next day was her interview so it was important that she was feeling better.  The next morning we said we would come by and see how she was doing and see if she could come to the interview. So the next morning we wake up and as we walked to their house the next morning we saw her in the front playing and she ran up to us and said “hello” and we were stunned that she was feeling better already. I was almost confused and just taken back and was like wait how is this even possible you were like dying yesterday, (not actually) but she was really sick, and now she was totally fine and was running around and was totally healed. My testimony was forever changed about the Priesthood. No one really commented on it, but I knew and God knew that I knew. He worked through me and it was amazing. I know it was because of the Priesthood. It’s real. It’s God power. I love this work and I am so grateful to be a missionary. I love you all and I hope you are all doing amazing. 


Love Elder Ure













No comments:

Post a Comment