Monday, December 5, 2016

This time of year is about LOVE

Well this week flew by and I don’t even know where it went. We have been going all over the place and it’s super fun but I think it got me sick. Kind of lame. 

This week we had splits with the APs, which was super fun. We were able to meet with one of our investigators and we had a lesson about repentance. We did a magic trick for him with fire and a pen that you can erase and he was freaking out. He loved it and could not figure out how it worked. We wrote things that were bad and sins on the paper and then if you hold a fire below the paper the pen’s ink disappears. It was super cool. He loved it and it’s really true. I love the atonement and am so grateful for its healing power.

This week I had a goal to have more faith. So I made a goal to find the miracle in every situation no matter what it was. So this week we were visiting a family and it was a hard meeting and I walked out of it trying to think of how I can help the family. So I decided to try and find the miracle. I prayed about it and even had the opportunity to talk to my mission president about it during my interview with him. I was able to have a really good talk with him and got some really good ideas from him. I know what I talked about didn’t really make any sense because it’s really hard to explain but the point is, we can always find good in every situation. No matter how good or how bad. It’s always still going to help us learn. 

So I already talked about this a little but this week was interviews for the next transfer. I don’t know what will be happening with me and I am really excited to find out. I am hoping I will stay for Christmas but that would mean I would be serving here for more than 8 months which is fine with me I love this place! So before interviews I was sitting talking to Sister Szabadkai my mission president’s wife and she had to get up and go give President Szabadkais phone to him. I hear them whispering in a different room and then she comes back out with the phone and says its for you! I was like uh.... that’s my mission Presidents phone and whoever is calling him to talk to me must be someone that I should be freaking out to talk to... So I answer the phone and all I hear on the other line is HEY IT’S YOUR DAD!!! ha-ha It was Elder Murdock my trainer! He came to Hungary this week and I am actually going to get to see him in a couple hours! He talked to me for a little bit and it was a huge surprise! I am super excited to see him and it’s going to be so fun. It was super funny though because it was right before my interview and my mission president knew all about it. Other than that nothing crazy happened during my interview, it was pretty normal.

After that, we went on splits for the rest of the week and I went with an Elder named Elder Szuch. He is a really cool kid and we talked a ton about going home and hanging out together because we both like sports and stuff like that. It was a really fun split but nothing crazy happened during the split to report about. 

Sorry this email was kind of lame. This week wasn’t that crazy but this upcoming week should be supper great with my companion going home and he will want to say goodbye to lots of people so we should have a lot of people to meet with! 

I want to finish with a quick thought about loving those that annoy you. This is really hard and I have had to learn to do this throughout my mission. This time of year I feel like love is really important so I hope you are all loving because I love you all. It’s hard to love those people that we don’t get along with or those we don’t agree with but in the long run, if we love, we will be blessed. Have a great week!

Elder Ure

















No comments:

Post a Comment