Monday, November 28, 2016

just do what's right

Well this week was a crazy adventure of not even working in my own city- haha. This week we went on splits in two other cities so we were not home very much!

We went to Pápa this week to go on splits and it was super fun! I was able to work with Elder Hughes and we had a super good time! The best part was Elder Hughes got a package and was kind enough to share the contents which just happened to be fluff.... if you don’t know what fluff is… it’s only on the east coast and it is like nutella’s best friend. So we made peanut butter and fluff sandwiches and it was the best thing ever. Also during that split we went and visited a really cute family and they had this really really shy girl that was like 4 years old or so and we were all talking and they were talking about how they were just going to give her to the elders because she has been grumpy and naughty recently and so I said okay we will take her home! ... The girls’ face went pail and she slowly started to frown and then just broke out bawling... I was like no I am kidding it was just a joke. It was really sad but also cute and funny at the same time. Don’t worry- I didn’t take any baby home. Also in Pápa we went tracting and it was a crazy tracting experience. We talked to this lady and I guess we were super nice because she went back into her house and brought out this arts and craft thing. It was a Christmas tree made out of newspaper. It was actually really cool. She wanted nothing to do with the gospel but she gave us a cool Christmas tree. After that we tracted into this cute old lady and she let us in to talk to her. She was really lonely and could not be happier that she had two American boys in her house to talk to her. I was walking up her stairs and she had a carpet over her stairs and I stepped wrong and started to slip off and fall backwards and she reached out and caught me and pulled me really close.... way to close for comfort and wouldn’t let go.. haha super weird and all I could do was laugh so here I am getting hugged by this 84 year old woman and she won’t let go and I am just laughing haha. It was great. It was a full split in Pápa.

After that we went home from Pápa and a really nice family had us over for thanksgiving dinner Hungarian style, No they do not celebrate it here but some people still like to be grateful so they have a nice dinner and they invited us! It was really good and we were super happy about that! That was on Wednesday though so for actual thanksgiving we had a district meeting with the people in our district and had our own little thanksgiving. We all brought something- so we brought mashed potatoes.... and everyone else brought some type of bread it was super funny. No meat or anything. One elder did make apple pie that was seriously so good. I loved it. So that was fun to celebrate together a little bit! After that, thanksgiving kind of went down hill because we had a couple of teaching set up and everyone that we planned on teaching was not home or did not show up and then to make it even worse one of our investigators called us and said she did not want to meet anymore so that was really hard and sad but I am still grateful and it was a great thanksgiving.

Then on Friday we left to go to Sopron to go on splits with the elders there. It was really fun and we actually had a really cool experience come out of it! We were able to go look up someone that requested a Book of Mormon and they let us in and we had a great teaching about where the Book came from and the importance of it. They will be going back this week and I know that God prepared this person for The Gospel. She was very interested and had a lot of questions. It was really cool!

Once we came back from Sopron we planned on cleaning the church with a member and when we walked in,  the whole ward was there and they had thrown us a huge thanksgiving party! It was super nice of them and we had such a good time laughing and just relaxing a little bit. 

It was a good week this week and I am sorry there isn’t more to tell about our work and the people we are teaching. Our main job is just going all over the place and helping other missionaries, which is super fun. One thing that happened this week is one of our investigators came to church without us even talking to him. It was so great. 

I want to finish by telling you all about the “Light the World campaign” that is going on and to encourage all of you to do it and go watch the video on lds.org it is super cool and super pretty and that is what we are going to be doing for the next month!

Also I have been reading in Jacob 5 and wanted to share what I learned or more of what I felt. This chapter is all about The Lords vineyard and is a little harder to understand unless you dig deep and find out all the meanings behind things. So this week I dug deep and I wanted to share something I felt. God truly was sorrowful about the thought of throwing out and burning the branches that were not producing good fruit. This is all of us. When we are weak and make mistakes God is truly sad and wants us to do what is right. He later on gives the branches another chance... he spares us a little longer. I know he is merciful and loves us all and he wants us to be happy. Just do what’s right :)

I love you all

Elder Ure 

No comments:

Post a Comment