Tuesday, November 22, 2016

I LOVE THE BOOK OF MORMON

Well, I will try to get it all in this email is going to be a doozy so buckle up.

Last week was super good. We had a lot of cool stuff happen and we were going all over the place, which means I don’t really have time to even think... haha It’s great I love it. I feel like last P-day was yesterday

Last week we went on splits and the one super funny thing that I want to share from those splits was the fact that we got there on time and the other elders where not home, they got let in tracting and could not answer their phone so we ended up tracting also with all of our stuff to stay the night. It was great. We would ring a doorbell and have to hide all our stuff and hope that if we got let in no one -- it was great.

We go all over the place nowadays and there are not enough beds usually for us so we usually end up sleeping on the floor which is honestly a great experience, I kind of am having the Africa mission experience right now mixed with Europe haha. Its fun!

Last week we had a visit by our mission president right at our apartment door. Yes just like the best two years. It was super funny and kind of scary at the same time because he came in and complimented us on how clean our apartment was and then he sat on my bed and had interviews with us to see how the work was going. Just go watch the best two years and it was exactly like that. We were running around trying to clean stuff and get ready for him!

We also went on another split last week that was really fun but to be honest I can’t remember a lot about it! Before that we had a missionary leadership meeting in Budapest and we were able to hear from Elder Leimer! He talked to us about how to get the missionaries excited and committed us to work even harder! I was able to talk to him personally after the meeting because last year at this time he met with my trainer and talked to him about my trainer’s story and me so we had a really cool conversation about my mission and then he gave me a hug. It was great. I like hugs haha.

Also it has become freezing once again and I am not super happy about it but I have decided that it is better than summer so I am excited about it. One cool thing that happened while Elder Leimer was talking is he said that missionaries are matched to their mission president not to the place or to the language. I thought this was really interesting and makes me think about why I was called here!

Now to this week, sorry I can’t remember a ton from last week.

This week we gave training to our Zone in Budapest and it went super well! We had the sister training leaders do a game with everyone about courage. They all gave everyone two jellybeans. They told them to eat one and say it was good or bad... yes there were gross flavored jellybeans. I think I got earwax it was rough. But then they said eat the second. That one was good luckily... my mission president got two dog food jellybeans it was rough, it was hilarious. They went on to talk about courage when talking to people. You never know if it will be good or bad but you just have to because that’s what we are called to do as missionaries. It was great. Then we went on to talk about commitments and how to give effective commitments. We used the story of the Blind man the Jesus healed by telling him to go wash at the water. He committed the blind man to do something and then it was up to the blind man to either do it or not. It was a great training I think, and went really well.

This week we once again went on splits and had some super funny stuff happen. One was when we went to look up an old investigator and came to the address and it seriously looked like and abandoned house that had been haunted for years but there were lights on the inside so we went inside... got inside a couple steps turned to each other and we both new that this place was not where we were supposed to be. So we went back out on the street and as we walked out two of the most massive dogs walk past us. Both were bigger than me by far. Not kidding they were lions. I was blown away. That was just a random thing that happened but they were really big I promise haha. We decided to say a prayer if we were supposed to go into the building and after the prayer we felt okay about it so we went back in and the door was locked but it was still a cool experience because I know the spirit warns us and you never know what would have happened if we kept going the first time!

This week we made a weird Christmas picture for our mission President and his wife. I don’t really know how the picture came out the way it did but it was really funny to make and just... tis the season.

This week we did have a little miracle because Roland came to church all by himself! He is 11 years old and walked by himself at 8 in the morning for 30 minutes to come to church, he’s the best and an example to me that is for sure. 

Lastly, I wanted to talk a little about a miracle we had this week that was really cool. We went to look up this woman that we found last transfer that said we could come back, so we went back and she was home and we started to talk to her, we must have smiled a lot because she let us in and we ended up teaching her! She had met with the missionaries when she was a little girl almost 20 years ago and she even was able to find her super old Book of Mormon from back in the day. She was so nice and we talked about her thoughts on religion and I ended up sharing my story about how I gained my testimony of the Book of Mormon. I talked about praying about it and not getting and answer but with time the answer did come. She committed to read out of the Book of Mormon and pray about it and we will be going back this week!

I know the Book of Mormon has power. I am currently reading it again and I can feel it every time I read from it. It is a simple book that teaches about Christ and I know that if someone wants to know their savior all they have to do is read the book of Mormon and pray about it and they will receive an answer. I love the Book of Mormon.

I love you all have a great week and thanks for reading this beast of an Email!!!


Ure Elder 







No comments:

Post a Comment