Monday, December 19, 2016

I love my Savior and I love Christmas

This week has been super sad but super great at the same time. I was able to say goodbye to Elder Howard and send him on his way to the homeland... it was really sad haha. I will miss him lots but this week was also super great because I got my old companion back Elder Gentry. We had a great first half week and I think it will be a really great transfer. 

Before I get ahead of myself I forgot to write something in my letter last week about something we did! We were able to go to Bences house and watch the first presidency’s broadcast! All us guys sat down on the couch and cuddled and listened to the apostles. It was so great! I loved it! ha-ha. 

This week on Wednesday we went up to Budapest and I was able to say goodbye to a lot of my companions. I said goodbye to Elder Lee and Elder Howard. They are the only companions that are older than me in the mission that I had, and now I am one of the oldest! It’s really weird. I found out that 2/3 of my mission is under their half way mark which means we are a really, really young mission. We have third transfer missionaries training! It’s awesome!

I am feeling really old now a days because everyone in my district is super young. It’s kind of weird ha-ha. We had our first district meeting and it went really well! It was a lot of fun to get to know the new missionaries and make some new friends.

Also, this week we went up to Budapest and we are going to be having a new focus as a mission. In the leadership meeting we talked about ways we can help inactive members come back to the church and for this transfer we will be making a bigger effort to bring them back and to look them up! 

One really funny thing that happened this week was when I got the sisters and us lost in the middle of nowhere on our way to our ward mission leaders house. I thought we were supposed to get of the bus but we got off way too early and ended up walking in the middle of no where ha-ha. It was actually really fun and totally worth it so I am happy about it to be honest ha-ha. We walked and then after a while he came and got us with his car. Even the missionaries need saving sometime ha-ha.

Yesterday in church I was able to give a mini talk about the new push that we will be doing to help the inactive members come back to church and to find their testimonies again and it went... ehhh. I wish it went better but I had no time to prepare because they asked me during sacrament pretty much. So that was really exciting and I just explained it and then bore my testimony about the work and that’s about it. 

This week has been crazy and has flown by and I wasn’t able to even write in my journal sometimes because I would be up late making calls to all the missionaries until it was time to go to bed so it has been a crazy week and I am hoping I will be able to write more next week.

Our work is going well. We have a couple people that will hopefully be progressing in the upcoming weeks and that we will be able to help come unto baptism. I hope they will make the decision to follow their savior.

I would like to finish with a little Christmas message. At this time of year I find myself thinking a lot about my Savior. It’s a given because this is why we are celebrating Christmas but I usually think of it in a different way. Whenever my mind thinks of Christmas I think of the reason why my Savior came to the earth and all he has done for me and I think about the Atonement. I remember 2 years ago, the last Christmas I had with my family, I had an overwhelming spiritual experience while thinking of my Savior and having the feeling come over me that he died for me personally and how grateful I really am for what he did for me. I am so grateful and I would not be here with out Jesus Christ and the baby that was born in Bethlehem. I love my Savior and I love Christmas. I wish you all a Merry Christmas and I hope it is merry and bright. Remember your Savior this week because He loves you.

Love,

Elder Ure






The license says "mom" "28" ( His football #)  











No comments:

Post a Comment