Tuesday, December 27, 2016

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Well this week has been unforgettable. My last Christmas in Hungary. I have no words to describe how much I loved being here and I would not have wanted to be anywhere else. I will start from the beginning.

This week we started the week off by going caroling to church members, which was so much fun. We went to this one really old woman’s house and I about started crying when I saw her face as she opened the door. Pure joy. It was so cute and I was so happy that we could bring some happiness into her Christmas spirit.

Then the next day was Christmas Zone conference which was so much fun and so funny. We had a talent show that we had to do in front of the whole zone and I seriously died. Ours was so awful it wasn’t even funny; we tried to make a remix of tracting in a winter wonderland. WOW it was awful, yaaaa never again will I try something like that haha. It was great though. Still had a whole lot of fun. Sister Szabadkai fed us and she made us fruit soup and this chicken and rice type of thing. It was incredible. I loved it.

Then we were able to watch a movie. It was the same movie I watched last year when I got into the country just this time it was in English, which was kind of lame because now I can actually speak Hungarian to a point where I would have understood it haha. If you have not seen the movie the little prince go watch it. It has a lot of cool symbolism and is a really great movie! We then got to have Santa come which is actually just one of the AP’s dressed up as him but we still got to sit on his lap and got a super cool pen with our named carved into it. So it was a really cool day!! 

Then when we came back from the zone conference we went to this one old lady’s house where we helped her move. This is the lady that gave us coffee and this time she gave us a candy doll of Satan... which was really weird. I think she is up to something but who knows haha. So we took it home. Tried it. It was like fake chocolate and then broke it and threw it away. It was pretty creepy.

Then for Christmas Eve we decided to make a ton of cookies and go visiting and give out our cookies. It worked really well, either we are really cute and they like us, or we make super good cookies. Probably both. haha just kidding it was the spirit touching there heart to let us in. maybe all three??? Who knows haha. That was really fun and we were able to meet with a lot of people!

This week we have been riding bikes everywhere and so on Christmas Eve and Christmas we rode bikes all over the place. So we started the day by going to church and yep... the road was frozen so I ate it super hard and crashed on my bike. I was fine and I didn’t get hurt but it was a great way to start Christmas! With a BANG!

Going back to Christmas Eve we got to have dinner with a member and it was really good. She fed us a traditional Hungary meal for Christmas... fish soup. I actually didn’t die because I usually hate fish but it was actually super good. Missions will change you. haha We also had stuffed cabbage which is like my favorite. So it was a really great Christmas Eve.

Then on Christmas after church we had planned to go to a church member’s house for lunch but their son got chicken pox the day before and so we couldn’t go over there so instead we made a couple more cookie runs and went tracting. During tracting, a man in a mansion let us in and we got to teach this really cool lesson. We sat down and he started to tell us about how he is searching for the truth and wants to know who God is. We had the chance to teach him the restoration and gave him a Book Of Mormon. It was really amazing to see that people are looking for the truth. We set up a follow up appointment and are going to go back and visit him soon. I know that God is preparing people for the Gospel we just have to do hard things like tracting on Christmas.

After that, we went to Bences house and skyped, which was so great it was so good to talk to you all!! I loved skyping at their house and I am so happy I was able to be with them on Christmas. Bence gave me a really cool picture frame with pictures of us in the last couple months. It was a really cool way to end Christmas! The best part was that I didn’t know Bence was going to be there because Ise told me he had to work but he got it off and then surprised us!! It was so cool! 

I want to finish with a little thing that happened this week. A member let us in and I was asked to give a blessing of comfort to her and in the blessing I talked about her strengthening her relationship with her Heavenly Father and coming closer to Him. I want to make this a goal in my own life. I want to make my study of the scriptures more personal, to pray with more heart and to grow closer to my Father in Heaven. I love you all and I hope you have a great week. 

Happy New Year!!


Elder Ure





No comments:

Post a Comment