Tuesday, December 13, 2016

ONE-YEAR IN COUNTRY

Well this week has been crazy! The transfer is over and we are already starting a new one. It is so crazy. I don’t even think it is real. 

This week I was able to see my trainer Elder Murdock and it was so fun! We were able to hang out for a little and the even better part was when we were in the mall and out of no where bence and his whole family came up to us and I was able to introduce Murdock and we got a picture together! IT was so fun and made me feel like I was back in Nyiregyháza as a greenie!

This week I had some really fun stuff happen. First off, we helped a lady move one day and it was really easy. She had us move a couch and that was about it and in return she said she wanted to make us hot chocolate and was like it’s not coffee I promise... Well she brings it out and it is the exact smell and look as coffee and Elder Howard and I just look at each other and are like uhhhh… Well what do we do? So Elder Howard takes one for the team and tried it and I can tell right when he tastes it that it is pure coffee. I don’t drink any and just hold it... well minutes go by and we don’t know what we are going to do because she is right in front of me... but the window was open to my left... sooo ha-ha no I did not throw it out the window. Trust me I thought about it a million times but I didn’t. Luckily she just took it back and said sorry that we didn’t like it, I felt bad but we just explained that we don’t drink coffee and that we thought it had some in it. Kind of awkward. 

This story I am about to tell you is one of the scariest, sad, hilarious, and down right awful things I have had happen out here. We were walking on the street after a teaching and I saw a really old women in a wheel chair going up over the bridge and making her way down on the slopped part, so I said we should help her, so when she got close we asked if we could help her, well this made her distracted and she stopped holding onto the wheels to make her not move so she took off down the bridge... So I start running after her for the life of me and I see her headed straight for an electric box... well I got there right after she made contact with the box and I hurried and pulled her away but she already hit it.... So we turn her around and she has a huge smile on her face and is totally fine... she says, “Well I can’t forget about that”, laughs and then rolls away. She stopped herself and was totally fine. We turned around in pure just confusion and couldn’t help but laugh. It was so funny but so scary, so when helping old people make sure they cant go anywhere! 

Then the next day we went out to Narnia. Which we call a really small village that is far from town. We have to take a bus and it is out there. Far away. So we meet with the person that we planned to meet with but only 1 bus comes once every so many hours... So I look at my watch and see that our bus leaves in 10 minutes and we are a 15-minute walk from the bus station. So we hurry and end the teaching and start walking... Well, we see the bus drive up to the bus stop and start waiting for people. So I take off and run all the way down this street and we made it onto the bus right before it started. It was fun ha-ha it’s always an adventure with buses. 

Another funny thing that happened this week was when we were tracting on splits. I saw a really small cute little kitten (keep in mind I do not like cats very much) but this little guy was so cute, and I am pretty sure it was freezing. So I walked over to it and it loved me from first touch. I picked it up and put it in my coat and then walked around from house to house tracting with a little cat in my coat. It was great. I would set it down at times but it would just walk behind us and then when we would stop at a house it would run up to me and rub up against my leg. It loved me ha-ha. So that was super funny ha-ha. 

This week was also my ONE-YEAR in Hungary mark and we had a little party because I had two sisters that are from my MTC group in our district meeting this week. So we had cookies and blew up balloons and had some fun! Its crazy I have already been here from a whole year. Time is flying its not even funny. 

This week we had splits twice so I didn’t really work with my own companion for the last week of his mission. It was fun. We had one split, then two hours together, and then went on splits again ha-ha it was really funny. 

We also were able to have a really cool experience and I was able to give a blessing to one of the sister’s investigators! It went well and it was really cool. I love giving blessings. It is just a really cool feeling to be used by God to bless others.

This week the ward threw a Christmas party that was seriously so awesome! I loved it. It’s called Mikulás and it’s their version of Santa. They had all the kids sing songs to him and then he gave them treats. They even made us go up there and do it. It was so great ha-ha. After they had this huge carriage with horses pulling us around the city and the horses had reindeer stuff on them and we sang Christmas songs and yelled Merry Christmas at people ha-ha it was one of the coolest things I have done here!

I would like to finish with a quick thought about Jesus. We are talking a lot about Him this time of year and he really is a big part of everyone’s life. He can bring light into anyone’s life, light that we sometimes didn’t even know could brighten our day. I love my Savior and I know he makes me happy. I love you all have a great week.


Elder Ure

No comments:

Post a Comment