Monday, August 8, 2016

WHAT A WEEK

Well this week has been one of the best weeks on my mission. I have had so many amazing experiences and just have been so happy and have made true relationships with people here that I will have for life.

This week started off with us meeting with an investigator from the sisters because he was creeping on them so they gave him to us to teach. This guy is crazy. Our teaching with him went from the restoration to deep doctrine and just was all over the place. He knows a lot about the gospel so we will see.

This week while tracting we played what are the odds. This is a game where you ask what are the odds you do something and you pick a number and then you count down and if you both pick the same number then the person has to do whatever you said. This game has a lot more rules. It is just hard to explain. Anyway, we played and it was what are the odds that one of us does a whole hour of tracting by themselves, meaning just them talking and no help from the other person or no brake. So yes.... I lost and had to do a whole hour alone. It was rough, ha-ha but super funny!


One really cool thing that happened this week was in church. It was fast Sunday so I was sitting there minding my own business listening to the testimonies and a lady comes up behind me and taps me on the shoulder and asks if I speak English. I say yes and she said that she wanted to bare her testimony and asked if I would translate for her.... So I say yes and we both go up there. She starts talking and is using the most fancy words and vocabulary that I almost didn’t even understand what she was saying in English. She is Danish. She started talking about things that I barely even knew how to explain in Hungarian but then it got to a point were she started to tear up and talk about her dad. I was able to translate this part pretty easily and it was a really amazing experience. She started to talk about how the strength and faith of us all being together and strengthening each other is amazing and it was just a really amazing experience for me. I am supering happy she asked me to do that for her. 

The highlight of the week and the last thing that I will be talking about is what happened with the three boys that we have been teaching. This week we taught them all the Commandments in one week. It was a lot of topics and we only had two lessons to do it. We were able to get it done and they understood and accepted everything. After one of the meetings when we planned their baptism, which will be this Sunday the 13th. I asked them if all of them have decided who will be baptizing them. The two youngest had already picked some of their teachers in church but the oldest (Bence) had not yet decided yet so I said don’t rush it. Think it over and we can talk tomorrow when you get your interview. So we end the teaching and are just talking and everyone is kind of talking and it was just Bence and I by each other. He ended up turning to me and saying that ever since we started teaching them he had the feeling that I should be the one to baptize him. He said he didn’t know why but asked if I would baptize him. When he asked me the feeling that I felt I have never felt before in my life. The only way I can explain it is the spirit mixed with pure joy. I love this kid and it was one of the most amazing experiences I have ever had. I of course said that I would love to baptize him and after that he started talking to me and opened up a little bit about his life. He told me how hard his life has been and it really was amazing and humbling. He said at the end how excited he is to be baptized with his brothers and get a fresh clean start. He just got the biggest smile on his face and said, “I am so excited”. It is amazing what baptism really is and how much a blessing it is in our lives. I have never felt such happiness and love for someone. He is such a cool kid and I am so excited to be friends with him for my whole life and even more.

Then later in the week during church he even asked if I would be the one to confirm him into the church which is a whole lot of Hungarian and you have to say it perfectly so on Sunday help me out with some prayers; I will need them. It was really cool though. I am so excited but also super nervous like right before a really big football game. It is going to be an amazing week no matter what! 

I would like to finish by saying how much it means to me that we are able to share the faith and happiness with those we love. This church is such a loving and helpful place. It doesn’t matter who you are, what you have done, or at what point of life you are in, you can come to our church and feel love and happiness. That’s why I love sharing it because I know this is where true happiness is. I love you all so much and I hope you have a great week!


Elder Ure


TEN MONTHS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment