Tuesday, August 16, 2016

“JOY” AND THE GOSPEL IS FOR EVERYONE

Well an update on me is that this week I got a call that I will be a trainer starting tomorrow! I am getting a greenie!! My own little missionary son. Its going to be awesome I am super excited.

Well this week was crazy and probably the busiest week of my mission!! 

At the beginning we went and visited the bishop and we met his dog.... a Russian beast of a dog. It was so scary. He said that we needed to go into the house while he holds it outside or it will attack us and kill us. I totally believed it because the thing was huge. Seriously the size of a little bear. So that’s what type of dogs are here if you were curious. 

This week was the last district meeting so we decided to have a little party, it was super fun. I made a famous Hungarian food and the sisters made palacsintas, which are like pancakes. We had a little goodbye party and it was super fun. 

This week we got the Zone challenge, which was to get a certain amount of member ‘presents’ as a zone and we were able to do it so we got a free day in Szombathely and we got to play games and even watch a movie!! We got to watch the movie Inside Out!! It was the cutest movie I have ever seen in my life. I don’t know why, maybe just because I am a missionary but I loved it. It was out while I was home I think but no one had seen it so we chose to watch it! If you haven’t seen it, go watch it. It is unreal. We also got to play a lot of games and run around and just be free and have a little fun. I loved it. 
I even was able to play basketball with my mission president, his wife, and even his daughter... I had no mercy and balled out on them. hahah. 

After the zone day, we went and got food and we ran out of time because the food took forever so we had to run a full mile... not kidding to the train station. I ran in and bought everyone’s ticket and gave it to them when they got on the train. We all made it but wow I was sore that next morning.

I will finish this lame email with a really cool experience. I was able to talk to this teen kid on the street today and before I stopped him I was pretty hesitant. He was a very non friendly type and just kinda sketch looking person but right before I walked up to him I just said to my companion... everyone needs the gospel right? And went and talked to him. It ended up being so amazing. He lives in England and loves learning about religion. I was able to give him a book and he was just so nice and friendly. We had a good long conversation and then he left and said he was going to read the Book and learn more. So it gave me a testimony that it doesn’t matter who you are or what your past was, you could still be apart of this gospel. You can find out for yourself. This gospel is really for everyone.

Next week my email will be massive and I will tell you all about the baptism and all the amazing things that happened with that. I just do not have time this week! I love you all!
Love Elder Ure





The church building








No comments:

Post a Comment