Friday, August 5, 2016

UNO, LITTLE BOYS, AND WATER GUNS

This week has been full of awesome experiences and some pretty funny ones too.

The week started with us going out to dinner with the Swiss family from last week. They wanted to take us to eat and took us to a really nice place on the water that was really expensive... so I got the cheapest thing ha-ha. They talked Swiss German the whole time to my companion so I just kind of sat there and pretended like I spoke that language too... just kind of laughed smiled and nodded my head.  (Shout out to Dylan) We did that all the time when we served together.

This week something really cool happened. The whole week we got canceled on and we weren’t able to meet with anyone so we went tracting and streeting a lot. One day the person we planned to meet with did not show up so we left and just started talking to people on the street. I saw a guy a ways off and said to my companion... I am going to stop him, give him a Book of Mormon, and baptize him. haha I was joking but at the same time not really. So that’s what I did. I stopped him and he ended up being really nice and talking to us. I was able to give him a Book of Mormon and we got talking and he said, “I would love to meet I am curious about this. I will come to English class and church.” So he ended up being the coolest person ever and I am going to baptize him. I am determined haha. 

This week we played Uno with all the youth for a game night and it was the most insane game of Uno I have ever played. They were screaming and throwing cards and it was awesome. I have never played a more fun game of Uno in my life. Who knew I would need to play with young Hungarian kids.

The best part of this week was when I went tracting on splits with one of the zone leaders. We knocked on a house and no one answered so we moved onto the next one and it had an old lady and a young boy in the yard so we said hello. The young boy had a water gun in his hand and right when he heard us he turned around and pointed it at me and said who are you guys. I started to talk and he squinted me with is water gun hahahaha. I was all wet and I was just laughing so hard. The old lady came over and got mad at him but it opened up a conversation with her which led to her letting us in and teaching her the restoration. It was a really cool program and we are going back this week to teach her again. It was such a cool thing and honestly one of the funniest things that has happened to me while I have been on my mission. Sometimes God works through little boys and water guns….

We also were able to find a lady that had a Book of Mormon from 10 years ago. We told her we can give her a better translation and she said she would love that and we are also going to go back and visit her. I saw so many times this week the miracle of just going to work and working all day and going home so tired and just laying in bed and saying, that’s what I call missionary work. So this week was a really great week even though it was only filled with knocking doors and a couple really cool stories. This was a week that I imagined before I left on my mission! Now I am living it!

I would like to finish with saying a quick message about what I have been studying. I have been reading Jesus The Christ for the past couple weeks and have been loving it. I have learned that he is always there in front of us and that we are never alone. He will never leave us. In the book it gives the definition of Emmanuel. It means God with us. I know this is true and I know he is with us and loves us. I love you all so much. Don’t be afraid of loneliness when your savior is always there.

Love Elder Ure








No comments:

Post a Comment