Monday, August 29, 2016

This week has seriously been so crazy. It has been up there as one of the most crazy and life changing week’s of my mission. 

The week started off with a really crazy and unforgettable tracting experience. This letter will go from spiritual to funny and then back to spiritual... so buckle up.

We knocked on this door and the door opened and I couldn’t see the person because of the angle the door opened. So my companion started talking and I could tell she didn’t understand but it wasn’t because of the way my companion said it. The girl was just from Kenya and spoke English.... She was a surprise to us that’s for sure. So she let us in and we started talking and asked why she was here. She said that she met a guy on a online dating site and that he flew to Kenya and met her and her family and then went back... then flew out there again and they got married and he took her back to Hungary.... crazy right??? So this girl when she opened the door was wearing a big shirts and that’s about all I dared to see because other than that there was nothing. It was terrifying but she did end up wrapping a scarf around herself which didn’t really help so yeah... That was crazy. So she let us in and was really interested. She let us download the Book of Mormon on her phone and she said we could come back on Friday. We were able to teach a full lesson to her just in the first meeting it was awesome and she was really interested. Sadly the story doesn’t have a happy ending. We went back Friday and she wasn’t home and we later got a text saying that her husband wouldn’t allow it for us to meet with her... kinda weird but we bore testimony and said for her to read the Book of Mormon and maybe see if she can work it out with her husband. It was still super cool and maybe she will have the opportunity later in life and maybe the husband’s heart will be softened. 

This week I was able to have some really amazing experiences with Bence, the kid I baptized. He is honestly one of the most amazing people I have ever met in my life. I love him so much. We went over to his house and taught him and his family and I now have a really strong and good relationship with him.

This week we also got fed palacsintas which are pretty much crêpes on steroids. They are so good and we had the best family home evening diner with a family. We were able to teach the kids about following the commandments using markers and telling them to put the markers in the order of a rainbow... but we took one color away so they couldn’t do it. When we gave it back we said it was the commandments and that the commandments put our life in order. It was a really cool lesson and was super fun!

Also this week we talked to a ton of people on the street. One of which I taught the whole plan of salvation to. Ha-ha we stood there and I pretty much went through the whole thing and it was so cool. She wants to meet and we will hopefully be meeting with her in the future.

So this Sunday was one of the coolest Sundays of my life ad it started right as I walked into the church doors. I was asked to teach temple prep for the second hour of church and I had no time to prepare so I just went in there and winged it and I think it went well. I just pretty much taught the Plan of salvation and the others helped fill in the cracks. So that was crazy but the craziest part was when I walked into priesthood. I walked in and I knew that Bence was going to get the priesthood today but the thing that everyone left out to tell me was that I would be giving it to him.  It was such a cool experience. 

I ran out of time to write the other things but I will add them onto the next weeks email. I love you all so much and I love this gospel!!

Love elder Ure 








No comments:

Post a Comment