Tuesday, August 23, 2016

simple step of reading a book...

So this week I will start with what I was going to write last week but wasn’t able to do because I had no time to email. So forgive me I am going to make it up to you. haha. 

Last week we had the baptism and words can almost not describe how amazing it was. It was one of the most spiritual and just peaceful moments I have had in my life. So the morning of we went early and filled the font. Once it was filled we realized that the water was so gross because it was full of dusty stuff and all that because... yes sadly it does not get used very often but hey that’s okay because we are smart missionaries so we built a net to fish out all the gross stuff. We went home and tapped a strainer to a broom and went fishing!! It was awesome haha. So after we were done the water was clean and was ready for some baptizing. 

The next thing we ran into was that one of the baptism jumpsuits ended up being to small to fit one of the boys so we had to get a really big one and just roll up the bottom of the legs. It worked great. He just looked like a little marshmallow. We got that all figured out and then came the baptism. 

 We all went into the chapel and sat and listened to a talked and then there was a really amazing beautiful guitar song sung and played by the mom of the boys and a couple of her family friends and members. It was really strong and invited the spirit right before we went into the water. After that we went to the font! Bence and I went first and I baptized him and it all went well. It was a very different spiritual experience for me. It was just peaceful like everything was in slow motion and I just felt so close to Bence and my Heavenly Father. Words really can no describe what it was like. It was really amazing. It was very fast though because we then had to get out and the next brother went and so on. When we got out I asked him how he felt and he said he felt so weird but in the most incredible way he has ever felt. He said he felt amazing had the biggest smile on his face. It was true happiness. I loved it. 

After we went and had another talk and finished with refreshments, which were really good, and I was able to just talk to Bence and just become even better friends. I love him. He is so awesome. 

Then the next day came around and it was the confirmation.... I have never been more nervous in my life. I am serious. I have played in some pretty intense high stack football games and nothing comes close. I don’t know why I think it was just because I wanted it to be perfect for him. So I got up there and we made the circle and I realized they didn’t have a microphone so I just had to preach it. I should have known I just didn’t think about that. So I start going and all the words come out but I was shaking and it was so weird haha. I could not get my left leg to calm down and during the blessing it was seriously like I was in a different world. I have no idea what I said. I can’t even remember what I said when I took my hands off his head. It was just a blur. I wish it could have been a little more spiritual but I still loved it and was such an honor to do. Don’t get me wrong it was so spiritual that I felt like I was going to fly because my leg was going crazy. 

The coolest part came after. Sacrament ended and I walked out and Bence was waiting with his new Book Of Mormon he got. He hands it to me and he says for me to sign it. I asked why and he said, well I want to be able to go and read my scriptures everyday and for me to be able to open it and see what you write and to remember you and my baptism. I was blown away. I took his Book of Mormon and wrote in it and wrote a short message and testimony and gave it back. It was one of the most life changing moments on my mission to see how much I can change peoples’ lives out here. I love this place and I have learned to love the people. It was such a cool experience. So that was the baptism. It was really great. I will never gorget it.

Then this week started and it didn’t slow down…
So we got our new companions by going into a room and sitting down and then the new ones come in and president reads off your name and who your new companion will be. So he read our names and then got a huge bear hug from my new companion. He is a beast. It’s great. So I got a new missionary straight from America. His name is Elder Gentry and I love the kid. He has a full ride to BYU for football so we are already really good friends. He is from Colorado too so that makes it even better. We talk about football and the Rocky Mountains all day long. He works so hard and is a stud. It’s going to be an awesome transfer.

When I went up to Budapest this week I traveled alone. Our mission president is now having us go straight to our new areas and so I went alone to get my new missionary and it was so weird. I felt like a freak being without a companion. I also got lost in Budapest so it was a crazy adventure but I was able to make it there and find my new Missionary SON!!! He’s my little missionary son and I love him.

We went back to our city and got everything settled and that’s when the miracles started to happen. We went tracting on the first night and were able to give a couple Books out but we came to a building and no one would let us in. It was getting late and we said well should we go? But right then this guy came up to the door that lived there and let us in. so we started knocking and a girl opened the door. We didn’t say much but she just let us in and we started to talk to her about the Book of Mormon. After ten minutes we heard the door open and I was like oh no its going to be her husband and he is going to freak out and kick us out... yes that has happened before. But it just ended up being her roommate and she sat down and started listening also. They ended up both being interested and we set up to go back the next day. So we called Bence and asked if he could come with, he was able to so the next day we went back and taught the restoration. It was the best teaching I have ever had. We taught with power and the spirit and asked if they would be baptized right then. They said they want to read the Book or Mormon first but are willing to consider it. I was able to ask Bence for his testimionyand it was the coolest thing ever! He talked about how ever since he was baptized he has been more friendly, more happy and likes to talk to people now. He talked about how he feels so different and has found real happiness. It was so cool. He is a stud. They brought up fate and how it was not fate that we met. The first girl (Maria) the one that let us in said the only reason she opened the door was because she thought it was her roommate (Naomi) but when she opened it she just felt warmth and she said we were glowing and without even thinking let us in. She didn’t know how describe it but she said she would not have let us in if was not for that. It was a true miracle that we went at that time. 

I love being a missionary. It’s hard but I am becoming someone I would not be able to be without my mission. I am so grateful and I am so thankful for all of you. I know that we can all find happiness and the true path in our lives if we follow our savior Jesus Christ. All it takes is a simple step of reading a Book. Praying about it. That’s it. If you truly want to know you will get an answer. I love you all so much have an amazing week!!


Love Ure Elder 



No comments:

Post a Comment