Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Read the Book of Mormon...

This week I will start with a funny experience. So while we were tracting, we got let in to a big building and did all the apartments and on our way out we forgot to hit the button that opens the gate so we walked out and the door locked behind us and the gate was locked in front of us. So what did I do? I hopped the fence. Right as I am jumping over the fence one of the old ladies opens the door and hits the button to open the gate and just looks at me and starts laughing. So I got an old lady to laugh by being a stupid American and jumping a fence. 1 ponit for me. haha

Actually I will share two funny stories. One day this week, we were sitting in the city center watching a street performer juggle a soccer ball and this girl was sitting across from me and we both were watching the guy. So the guy ends up messing up and kicks the soccer ball super hard and it flies all the way across the road and me and this girl make eye contact and I just shrug and start laughing and she starts laughing too. So she gets up and comes and talks to us and ends up offering us jobs... We didn’t accept, but all I had to do in Hungary was start laughing and I got a job offer. It was interesting and we gave her a card so it ended up being great, but I just thought it was funny that it was that easy for me to get a job in Hungary! haha 

This week was Nyiregyhaza days! It was only one day but it was like strawberry days back home. There are singers and all these people come, it was super fun and we got to listen to a Hungarian band jam out and watch fire twirlers so I was happy. We didn’t stick around too long but it was cool to see happy Hungarian haha.

This week during a program we were asked to give a recent convert a blessing on the spot. This is always nerve racking because you have to say everything in Hungarian perfectly. So I was the one to anoint the oil and it was super cool. I have done this a couple times now and every time I just feel the difference in the room. The priesthood is truly Gods power and I am so happy that I can hold it and use it in my life. 

Another funny tracting story that was great this week was when we almost got the Cops called on us. We knocked on this door and this guy came out and we said who we are and all he said was goodbye pretty much and we asked if he knew us and he just started screaming that he was going to call the Cops on us so we left but it was hard not to laugh that he almost called the cops on the Jesus Kids.

A quick two stories about things I ate this week. This week I had one really really really yummy thing and one well...the opposite. So we went to a member’s house and helped him dig in his yard and then he gave us home-made fruit leather. Best thing I have ever hard. It was so sweet and it was 100 percent healthy. It was incredible. Then later we went back to a person that we tracted into the other day and they let us in and sat us down and asked if we had already had breakfast. We said yes but they forced us to eat. So this lady puts potatoes and some type of really fatty looking meat in front of us so we start going at it. I am eating and I see little hairs on the fatty pieces and I just put those and bread in my mouth and swallowed them... It was pretty gross. Come to find out it was pig leg! Never had that before but it wasn’t good so if you ever have the opportunity to eat pig leg I advise not to. Haha  In the end we had a really great program with this family and talked a ton about the Book Of Mormon. We taught all about it and they said that they are going to read it and that we can meet with them again! So that was a huge blessing for me and I would eat pig leg any day for that type of teaching to happen. 

This week I went in to buy bread at our normal bakery and the bread lady knows me so well that she had the bread I always get in a bag before I even said anything. That’s how long I have been here. It was super funny haha.

Also this week’s sport update… On Saturday we played soccer again and I was running up to one of the sisters and I did a rainbow kick over the top of her head. You put the ball in between your legs and kinda roll it up your leg and then kick it over your head. It was perfect and I have never done something cooler with a soccer ball. I was pretty proud of myself because I am awful at soccer. 

Now I would like to share a couple of experiences about the Book of Mormon that I had this week. The first was with a young girl that we meet with and you never thought that someone this young would ever want to read The book of Mormon but we committed her to read the whole book and she wanted to, and even said she would pray about it. Her name is Mellita and she is super cool. Keep her in your prayers! The second was an old lady that we found tracting two weeks ago and gave a book to her. When we went back she had already read 56 pages of it and had a ton of questions. It was so cool. We talked to her for a long time about it and at the end I went to help her up because she is really old and she grabbed onto my arm and pulled me and then grabbed Elder lee and gave us both the biggest hug. I know hugs aren’t allowed but this was from the sweetest old lady so I accepted it. It was so cute, but we plan on teaching her more this week!

The last happened yesterday, and was a huge miracle. We went tracting and walked everywhere to find a place to knock. After a while we found a building and I rang the bell and the first guy let us in and we went and talked to him at his door and he ended up actually letting us into his house and we had a really amazing conversation about the Book of Mormon with him. He said that he was going to read it and wants us to come back. His name is Sandor. He is a really cool guy. I would like to finish with how much I know that The Book Of Mormon is the word of God. I know that Joseph Smith translated it and it is here as a different testimony of Jesus Christ and I know that if anyone prays about it and asks with their whole heart if it is the word of God, they will receive an answer. I know that we can all receive answers and strength from it and we can be led in our lives. I love you all have a great week.


Love Elder Ure


No comments:

Post a Comment