Monday, April 18, 2016

God puts things in our life to make us better

Well this week’s email is also going to be kinda lame again because not a lot happened this week and once again I didn’t bring my note pad of stuff to write about. sorryyyyy.

This week was transfers!!! We went to Budapest and I got my new companion! He is from California and his name is Elder Lee. No he is not Asian everyone asks that here. haha. He is a super great guy and plays the sax! We are getting along great and it will be a great transfer I think. 

When we got our new companions, Elder Lee and I went and walked around Budapest for the day because I had to wait for a doctor’s appointment that night so we got to go see a lot of Budapest. It was amazing! I loved it! I went to the doctor for my back and he said to go swimming.... So he didn’t really help. That’s Hungarian doctors for ya.

The next day we had a long train ride back home and got there late in the day and had to get Elder Lee set up in his new home! I will be staying 6 months in Nyiregyhaza! A fourth of my mission! I guess I am supposed to be here or something because I have been here for DAYS haha. I love this city but I am also excited to see something new!

This week I have had to speak more Hungarian than ever before because I have to lead everything because Elder Lee is new! I have seen a massive jump in my language abilities in the last week. It has been super cool to just be having a conversation with someone and then realize that I am not even speaking English. Coolest feeling ever. I am nowhere close to knowing this language but there are times where i see that i am starting to get a hang on it! It has been great and a super great help too.... well just my happiness in general haha.

On Saturday we had a karaoke party again and it was super fun! All the missionaries sang our hearts out and it was a good time. Elder Lee and I sang “Carry on my wayward” son and killed it. It was awesome! haha-. We have pipes of angels!!

A really cool thing that happened this week was with a girl that we teach English. We are only supposed to teach English once a week in our English class but this girl asked if we could give her some help and we said yes but only once or twice and after everytime we wanted to share a spiritual message. So this week was the second time we taught her and I had to tell her that we couldn’t meet anymore unless she was wanting to meet to talk about the Gospel. I bore my testimony of why we are here and how The Book of Mormon really can change her life and she decided she wants to learn more and it’s fine to just meet and talk about the Gospel. It was an amazing experience to see that you really can be blunt with people if you have the spirit ready and if they are prepared they will accept our message.

We also went over and helped a member work in his yard and we had to split to massive tree stumps with a sledge hammer and a wedge. I got blisters on my hands from it but we split the wood like men. It was legit. Giving service to people here usually means they use you for lifting, cutting, or digging things haha. Luckily I am used to that from what I did last summer! 

I would like to finish with a quick message. I have been reading In alma recently and I have learned a lot about just having faith in God and knowing that we will be delivered or that we will be saved or even just strengthened so that we can Endure our trials. Recently I have been thinking a lot about my life and the plan that God has for me. I have been thinking, “Why do I have to stay here for 6 months of my mission?” or “why do people not want to hear our message?” or just things like that. I have learned a lot about how God puts things in our lives to make us better. Some things are extremely hard and we don’t even know what to do when they come around, or others are just people in our life that put us on the right track. All I know is that no matter what is happening in life, if we turn to God and have faith we will be on the right path. We might not understand some things or we might be frustrated that we are not getting it our way. None of that matters if we are faced towards our Savior. We will never fall because if we do, Jesus Christ will carry us until we can stand on our own feet again. I know that God has a plan for me and has a plan for my mission and who he wants me to become. I know God has a plan for everyone. All we have to do is choose to follow him and he will do the rest. I love this Gospel. I would die for my Savior because I know that he died for me. I am who I am because of Him. I know Jesus Christ lives. He is Our Savior and Redeemer. All it takes is faith to be saved.

I love you all. You are loved by Your Heavenly Father. He wants you to turn to him.

Love 

Elder Ure 





No comments:

Post a Comment