Wednesday, April 13, 2016

April 4, 2016
Well I will start this email off by explaining the picture. The lemur picture was from the zoo today. I got to go into the lemur cage and feed them!! They climbed all over me and yes.... one did pee all over my leg if you can see in the picture on my shorts in the front. But it was totally worth it. It was so cool and the reason we got to do it was because we knew some lady that works in the zoo! It was awesome.

This week has been kinda boring so sorry if it’s not as great of an email. The work In Nyiregyhaza has been suffering and we are having a hard time finding people to teach. 

This week one of the sisters asked me to give her a blessing because she was not feeling so well and it was a really great experience. I was able to feel the spirit and the power of the Priesthood work through me. I was able to just say how I felt and the words that came to my head. The Priesthood is so real and I am so grateful to be able to hold it. 

This we WE were taught the restoration by some crazy guy... We set up to meet with a girl that we found tracting and when we walked up to the building her dad was standing there and took us up to her apartment and sat us down and started talking to us. The girl didn’t even come into the Teaching. He knew some stuff about the Mormons but was just going off about stuff that was just craziness. He started to talk about Joseph Smith and called him Roberta. He said that when he saw the pillar of light it was the big white pillar in Washington DC. But he just went off about crazy stuff. The most insane things I have ever heard. He was talking about the 4th and 5th dimension... so we quickly left. There are some crazy people here haha. 

A really fun thing happened this week too.... I got dropped by one of our own investigators. Getting dropped means that the person doesn’t want to meet with you anymore. So how it happened was I called her on the phone and said that we needed to meet again because it had been a really long time since the last time we had met, and all she said was “Actually I don’t want to meet anymore. thank you, you boys are great but I am not interested.....” all I got out after that was for her to call us if there was anything we could help her with and then she hung up on me... so that was rough but I lived to see another day!

This week I got a taste of what it would be like to serve somewhere warm or wherever this happens… We played soccer on a dirt field on Saturday and had all these kids come play with us. The youngest was no older then 5. He was so cute and was so good at soccer. I ate it and cut up my elbow and hip but wow was it fun. We ran around a ton and it was warm and it just felt so good and was just awesome. 

The Sad thing was I had to watch conference all in Hungarian and the words and type of talking they use is impossible to understand. It was super cool to hear and listen to for the first time on my mission but I wish I could have understood something. The thing I want to talk about from conference was a song that they played. “Come thou fount of every blessing”. I have always loved this song and it has truly changed my life. When I hear this song, it fills me with the spirit and I get so emotional. I was sitting in the session and I heard that they where going to sing it and I was so excited. Right when they started to sing I felt the spirit stronger than almost ever before. Hearing this song as a missionary all the way across the world made me so grateful and I felt God wrap his arms around me. I knew that a lot of people at home where listening to the same song and I knew my dad was. Ever since my dad played this song on the piano at home before church, or just at night when we all where relaxing, I have loved it. I am so thankful to be able to have the spirit with me and to be able to feel the love of God whenever that song is played. I know that This Gospel is true and I know that God is our Heavenly Father. Whenever I hear that song it reminds me of the Atonement and how we all can be saved by Jesus Christ. I was. You can be too. Don’t wait to be saved. I love you all and I hope you have a great week.

Elder Ure 


P.s. I loved when President Monson kissed that ladies hand as he walked out of conference. It was the Cutest thing ever and he is just awesome. 


No comments:

Post a Comment