Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Handing out books

This week has been... well jam-packed and at the same time so full of nothing.

This week we realized that we have almost not investigators and if we did, we dropped them all because they are just wasting our time. It was really hard to do but they were not willing to act on the things we were teaching.

This week I have not been walking around like a old man with a broken back! I got foot inserts and they seem to be helping so that is great news. 

This week we had a massive miracle while tracting in a place called Oros. We rang a door and a guy answered and started talking English to me because he could tell I wasn’t Hungarian and said that he was a pro basketball player and has played on teams with Mormons before. He was super cool and said to come back sometime and maybe we can meet, so maybe this week I will be ‘ballin’ with a real B baller. Then the very next door we rang and a woman came out and started talking English to me again!! She was a English teacher and invited us in and said for us to talk to her children about Jesus in English! It was super funny but we went in and taught about the Book Of Mormon in English. It is really weird teaching in English for me now. I randomly put in Hungarian words and I sound like a fool. The mom and daughter then came to English class later that week and we are meeting with them on Friday. Pray for them to not just be intrested in English but also to be interested in the Gospel!! There name is the toth family! 

The place we went tracting this week was so cool. Oros is the name of the town and it is really nice. The houses are huge and we are going to go back out there a lot this week!

This week was zone training and we went up to Miskolc again. We got new B.O.M and got the challenge to read the whole book and to mark all the times it uses Jesus’ names, his teachings, his attributes,  and his words. It is going to be really cool and we are supposed to finish by August! I am excited and I am almost already to 2 Nephi!

We also went tracting with a recent convert this week. Remember the old lady that got baptized a while back? Well, she wanted to do some missionary work and wanted to see how it was so we took her with us! It was absolutely hilarious and sad at the same time and then towards the end we had some great success! When she would knock on a door all she would say is can we share a message out of the Book Of Mormon with you. Not even explain who we were or what we were doing. So she got a lot of doors slammed in her face and she was very surprised and said she did not think it was like this and was that hard to talk to people. It was sad but after we went streeting and I helped her talk to people... a fluent Hungarain needing help talking to someone... never thought I would see that happen. Anyway, we ended up giving out two books and she did a great job! She would always choose old people to talk to and when you talk to old people in Hungarian you have to formalize them and formalizing is so hard. It is even harder when there are two old people and those are the only people she wanted to talk to so I got a lot of good practice from that!

At the End of this week we were couting our numbers and realized that we gave out 17 books this week. That is a ton for this area and I was super pumped about it. Hopefully we will get some interested people from all those books!

Also this week I got fogyi which is Hungarian ice cream and it is the best ice cream I have ever had in my life. I love it and have to control myself while walking down the street because the ice cream stands are everywhere and they are so cheap. It’s seriously 80 cents for a massive ice cream cone. Such a temptation. 

Like I said earlier, we had to drop some people this week and it was super hard. We also had some people block our number and not want to meet with us so that was hard but we are going to work really hard this next week and try to find some new people. The work is great out here if I just think of the people that are getting the knowledge of the gospel and hopefully later they will fully accept its teachings. I love this gospel and I am grateful to be serving the Lord.
Love Elder Ure





No comments:

Post a Comment