Monday, May 9, 2016

I like bushes..and Endure it Well

I don’t have a lot of time this week sorry!! It will be a quick one!

So this week I am going to start off with the funniest story you all will ever hear. 

This week we went shopping and we ride our bikes everywhere so on the way home I had a massive bag of food full of milk and yogurt and all sorts of things and my arm got tired of holding it on one side so I decided to go no hands on my bike to switch the bag to the other side and I ended up clipping my left leg and it knocks me straight into a massive bush and I go down hard! I land on my bag of food and milk and yogurt and everything explodes all over me and I am just laying on the ground about dead and covered in food. What made it ever better is a Hungarian guy drives up and yells something at me and he said some Hungarian saying that I didn’t understand because it was a “Hungarian saying” that didn’t make sense but he ended up being a really nice guy and helped me clean myself off. I rode away with only a couple scratches and a really bad dead leg but other than that, I was watched out for so that was super cool.

Also a tracting update of this week, is we found a dog that when it stands on its back legs was taller than me, a hawk tied to a pole in someone’s backyard, and a crow for a door bell. It was a crazy week of tracting but it all went well!

The main thing I would like to talk about this week was a program that we had with a new lady that we found a while back and has just been really busy until this week. She is such a nice lady and we found her through tracting. When we went over there she wanted us to speak formally her in Hungarian the whole program out of respect for us and formalizing is the hardest thing to do in Hungarian so that made the experience even better. The first reason why this program was probably the best one I have ever had on my mission is because she was the first person that actually seemed interested in our message and asked questions and wanted to know more. It felt so good to be able to teach, have her ask questions, and then ask to know more. I was able to talk a lot and to use my Hungarian and it is just a great feeling when a Hungarian doesn’t care that I am awful at speaking but they listen and help you say things and are still wanting to hear more because the message is so important. She is so cool and would be the best Mormon ever but she can’t meet for a month and I will be gone by then so that is kinda sad but I am so happy that missionaries will be meeting with her.

In the city I am in.... and have been in for my whole mission I have never really had a lot of good missionary work. I have not had a lot of investigators, not a lot of success, and a lot of rejection and failure. I learned something really important the other day from being here for so long. 

Sometimes we pray for something to change or something to work out or for it to just get easier or for us to be able to just work something out and nothing ends up working out. We are praying and having faith and trying to grow that faith but seeing no success and it’s really hard and we all have felt times when we just ask..... Why is this happening? Why cant this be easier? Why cant I just get one simple little answer? Well the thing that I learned is about enduring. I learned that if we endure hard times well, we will see the blessings later. It might not be in this life, it might not be immediate but they will come. We will learn why it had to happen how it did and will be able to see how we grew and why Heavenly Father gave us these challenges.

So my message for this week is to just Endure it well. I Know I will see the good that I am doing here one day even if that means it is in heaven when I meet someone that later changed their life because of a smile from my missionary face. I promise to you all that everything can be endured and with the Savior we will be able to make it to the end and look back and say thank you. Say thank you that we had to go through the hard to become the people we are. I love my Savior and I love my challenges. Missions are hard, but I would never want it any other way. I love growing and I love being out here and I cant wait to meet the people that I helped. 

Endure it well.


Elder Ure

No comments:

Post a Comment