Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Feb. 29, 2016
This week has been full of lots of fun things.

On Monday, we went to a member’s house and helped him cut wood. It was on our p-day but its okay because it was still fun. We stacked the wood for him and he cut it. haha. I wish I got to use the chain saw but I guess that’s probably a good thing.

Something that was super fun this week was when we went garbage bag tracting. We walked to this door and saw a garbage bag so we knocked on the door and they did not want to talk to us about the gospel so we just asked if we could take their trash out and they said yes. So we ended up carrying the bag around and asking people if we could take their trash out and then saying the real reason we are here is to help people and the best way we do that is by sharing what we believe in. It actually got people to talk to us so we plan to do this more often! haha. We only got one door slammed in our face!! It was awesome.

I want to share one of my favorite scriptures this week with you all. It is my favorite one from the bible and I used it a lot this week. I read this scripture on the plane flight over to Hungary and it really comforted me. It’s an amazing promise. John 14 v. 18. “I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.”

The funniest tracting experience yet, happened this week! We knocked on a door and no one came to the door so we started walking down the stairs and made it a whole flight of stairs down when I heard the door open so I take off running up the stairs as I am trying to talk to this lady in Hungarian and I...... Trip. I ate it so hard on the stairs. So picture me crawling up the stairs to give this lady salvation. hahah Elder Roberts about died not laughing. 

I have learned to be really blunt with people here in Hungary. They say what is on their mind.  I have just learned to tell people how it is and I did that this week with one of our investigators. I said it in a nice way but I pretty much told him that baptism is the only important thing in his life right now. He has been meeting with missionaries for 7 years and had a baptismal date so we are working on that again.

This week we went to Miskolc again for interviews. It was good to talk to President Szabadkai and fun to try to talk to him in Hungarian because he is a native Hungarian. Afterwards, we got a 50 cm. Pizza- which was super yummy.

We have started meeting with two of the kids that play football here and they are super awesome and have a ton of really great questions. We have taught them the first two lessons and they seem to want to know more so that’s going great.

This week we got the rudest door slam yet. This guy opened the door listened to why we were there and the only words he said in broken English were to just go away, and then slammed the door hahah. People just don’t understand that we want to help them but I hope that guy gets another chance one day.

We also had a Hungarian Halloween here. They have a party to scare away the evil spirits of winter. It was super fun and we did lots of games and taught a ton of stuff. 

This Sunday we had what we call a death day. This is when we can only speak Hungarian and if we speak in English we get punishments. We also have to preach when we go tracting. So the first thing we say when people open the door is something like... We are missionaries and we know God has a plan for you or something like that. It was super fun. My punishment was I had to do 20 push ups if I spoke English and I spoke English 6 times the whole day. It was hard but I learned a ton!! 

I would like to finish with a story of a lesson I taught this week. It was about faith. I think I saw it first when I was little and a missionary came over to our house and showed me it. What I did was get a Tea bag and poured the tea out and made a cylindar. Then I hold it and light the top on fire. It burns down and right before it touches your hand, it shoots into the air. As I did this I taught that when we are going through hard times we are going through the fire. It is hot and we are scared that we are never going to receive help. Right at the last minute, when we think we are going to burn Jesus Christ saves us. He lifts us from our burdens and can save us if we have faith to endure our trials with patience. I love this lesson and I know it is true. If we have faith In Jesus Christ, he CAN and WILL save us. I love you all so much and hope you have a great week.


Love Elder Ure 

huge, yummy pizza!


chopping wood for  a farmer






No comments:

Post a Comment