Thursday, March 17, 2016

Rough but Spiritual

This week has been rough, amazing, spiritual, and back to rough.

This week we worked really hard and no one wanted to be our friend. It was rough. We had so many programs set up but all the people ended up not being able to meet or don’t even want to talk to us anymore. 

This week, the lady that we found on the street and then it was a miracle that we found her again tracting, decided that she didn’t want to meet with us and pretty much have nothing to do with us. She said we could say hi to her if we see her on the street but other than that she doesn’t want anything to do with us so that was super hard because she was perfect!

Something cool that did happen while we were streeting. What has been happening recently is Elder Roberts bails on me and just tells me to go talk to people so I can learn and practice haha. His trainer did it to him so he is doing it to me. Its not a bad thing because that is how you learn the language is by just talking and if I am by myself he can’t help me. So he walks away and goes and talks to someone else and I am forced to find someone to talk to. This is the worst because I don’t speak this language yet and if some random person came up to you and wanted to talk and they don’t even speak your language? ya it doesn’t go well. Anyways I got shut down a ton but then I saw a girl sitting on a bench listening to music so I went over and started a conversation. We talked for like 20 minutes. I still don’t even know how I did it but we just talked about everything. I asked her what her favorite music was and favorite color and all of the above. Just super random stuff and when I didn’t know how to say something I pretty much did a dance to try to explain it. It’s the worst because you just feel like a fool but it was a great experience because I actually talked to someone. Sadly that was the only time this week. I got shut down all other times.

This week we got new cards to give out for Easter and they have a link to a video. The video is really short and super awesome. Everyone should go look it up! It’s on mormon.org. Anyway, we give these cards out to everyone we see pretty much and people wouldn’t even take those... So yes it was a hard week of finding people to talk to us. 

Okay enough lame stuff. Now, onto the amazing things that happened and the miracles. 

First, we planted a tree in our suits this week. It was super random but a guy in the branch asked for our help so we went and helped him. He said when we come back we can get free fruit from the tree so that will be cool one day.

So this week we went up to Budapest and met with a 70. He talked to us and it was the coolest meeting I have ever been in. He started the meeting off and he was teaching his plan that he had taught all week but then people started asking questions and it changed the whole meeting. We found out after that he put his whole lesson plan in the trash and taught something completely new off the top of his head. It was amazing and super impressive. Everyone got super personal an started asking questions about faith and how hard the mission field really is and how it is hard to see miracles and the 70’s replies were always perfect. One thing that I would like to share is how he talked about when we meet our Heavenly Father again and how we will know if we are worthy. Even when we feel like we aren’t or we feel like we have messed up to many times. The thing he taught was that when we are at the judgment bar and Jesus Christ is testifying for us to the Father he will literally put his arm around us and that is when we become perfect and are able to enter. The way we can have this happen is if we truly tried our best on this earth and did everything we could do follow him. No matter if we are only .0000000000001 % with Jesus Christ we can be made whole and 100%. It was such a cool lesson for me and I had never thought about it in that way before. I learned so much from him and it was really cool.

The next day I had to plan a lesson for one of the members of the branch. She is he coolest lady ever and I love meeting with her. She wanted me to teach the lesson so I planned to teach what I learned from the day before. I taught about doing our best and how Jesus will help us and after I was done she started to tear up and told me that what I just told her was an answer to her prayers and that she needs to try to work harder to do her best. It was super cool and I loved being able to help someone. 

We had a baptism this week!!!! Sadly it wasn’t one of ours but it was still super cool. It was one of the sisters’ investigators but Elder Roberts Baptized her and he did a great job. My Companion is a stud with the language and made it look easy. It was one of the most amazing experiences I have had yet on my mission. I was able to see someone become perfect through baptism and it was so amazing. She came out of the water and was glowing and was just so happy and as I looked at her, I just saw the amazing power of the atonement and how much Jesus Christ loves his children. It was really amazing. The next day we got to see her get the Holy Ghost in Sacrament and it was such a strong spirit and was so comforting to know what blessing and help she was receiving. I cannot wait until I will be able to act in the name of Jesus Christ and baptize someone. It was a really great experience. 

I love this gospel and I am grateful to be a missionary. I love you all and hope that all is well. 
Love Elder Ure



No comments:

Post a Comment