Tuesday, March 22, 2016

March 21, 2016- Faith for a Blessing

Well I emailed on Wednesday(last week) so not a whole lot has happened in the last couple of days but I will try to make it interesting and put some cool stories and info into this email.

This week for English class I had to teach the pro. class alone which is always the worst because they are better at English than I am. They study English in school for years and know the grammar rules and all of that better than I do. So when you try to teach them something it never works. They already know everything or they correct you because you used bad grammar. It is rough. I am no English teacher so that is hard. It can also be very fun at times when you trick them on a word and they don’t get it right. I feel like a fool tricking grown adults but it helps me not feel so dumb haha. At the end of English class we always share a spiritual thought and because the classes where split and Elder Roberts was teaching the beginners, I gave the thought by myself. I talked about the Plan of salvation and how we can live with our families forever and one of the members that speaks great English brought up the three kingdoms of glory which is very hard to explain in just 5 minutes to a bunch of people that don’t even believe in God. So this one lady starts talking about how she can not believe anything that I was saying and starts asking super deep doctrine questions about the after life and I was the only one there to answer them so I just turned to my testimony and told them I new these things were true and ended it. I felt like it was back in the old times when missionaries would stand on boxes and just preach! So that was an interesting experience!

This week we went on splits with the Zone Leaders and it was awesome. I thought it would have been the worst day ever because all we had planned was a 4 hour block of straight tracting, but it was actually probably the best day I have had on my mission yet! We just worked super hard and gave out a ton of Books of Mormon and it just felt like I was doing something so that was a really great day. Nothing special happened just everything we did seemed like a miracle and was super fun.

On Friday I got a call from my branch President that I would be giving a talk in sacrament this Sunday. Meaning yesterday. I also got the call at 9 at night so I had 1 day to prepare a ten minute talk in Hungarian.... So I got to work. I wrote my whole talk based off a Liahona talk and felt pretty good about it. So I went to look for the Hungarian version of the Liahona and found out that we didn’t have one and even worse, it is not translated into Hungarian... So with now just a night to make a talk I restarted... In the morning I finished and just had planned to go up there and just say what comes to my mind. Pretty much go of the spirit. I had some scriptures and a little part in a Liahona to read but other than that I had nothing. So as the meeting goes on and I am going to be the last speaker, with ten minutes left in the meeting the branch president gets up and.... closes the meeting. He forgot about my talk and I ended up not even giving one. I knew I had the right Sunday because after the meeting, Members came up and asked why I didn’t talk and I just said I don’t know so maybe they will re-ask me next week.

I would like to finish with a story from this week. We met with a man we know that asked us for a blessing for his back. He had heard that we could do blessings for that purpose and wanted one. So we explained how it works and how it is based off faith and asked if he had faith and he said he did so we decided to give him one. I was the one to anoint him with the oil and I have never said the prayer for that in Hungarian and it has some really big and hard words to say but I did it and it wasn’t too bad. I also wear oil around my neck on a chain and it has come in handy multiple times already on my mission so I am so grateful that I am always ready and that I am able to always have it with me. Elder Roberts gave the blessing and it was a really great blessing. He did a great job and the spirit was really strong. After, he  got up and said he had never sat for so long without pain in his back and that he has never felt like this before. He said it was very weird and seemed to be so lost in the spirit and was overwhelmed. It was such an amazing experience and I gained such a strong testimony of the priesthood. I know that God has his power on the earth today and it can be used through the Priesthood. I am so grateful that I can be worthy to hold it and that it can and will bless many peoples lives. I know that this church is true and that God is working through Priesthood holders to perform miracles. All we need is faith and then we will see the miracles.

I love you all. Have an amazing week. 


Elder Ure

No comments:

Post a Comment