Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Take a Leap of Faith and doing something Scary...

So I am going to start off with a story from last week for this email. Last week it was one of the a Sister’s Birthdays in our district so we planned to go to the woods and have a picnic with her and to just explore. So on the way out,  it starts pouring rain, and I mean drenching everything. So we decided that we still wanted to go and make it even more of an adventure. So as we are standing at a bus stop, (us four missionaries) This lady starts talking to us and just loves how happy we are and how goofy and fun we were being. So we start talking to her and telling her why we are here and she sees that I am in shorts and no Umbrella soooo she decided to give me her umbrella... I told her I didn’t need it because I had a water proof jacket but the Sisters didn’t, so she gave it to them. So in return we gave her a Book of Mormon of course, and started talking to her about her beliefs. She ended up leaving but I could tell we just changed her day around and made her happy. A lot can be said just through a simple smile and being happy, which the Gospel of Jesus Christ brings.

This week I got my first haircut by myself with no help from my companions! It went well and the lady didn’t buzz my hair all the way off, I don’t think I look too bad so whatever I said in Hungarian must have been right.

This week we went to Miskolc and had zone conference which was really amazing! I loved it. We talked a lot about prayer and how to pray effectively. We learned that in our prayers we should express true gratitude and talk about our day. Things that happened, Review, and thank God for just small things that happened.

After we went on splits with the Zone leaders and saw some great success. I went with another Elder went tracting and Knocked on a door and got let in by a younger lady with a sick child at home. Nothing special happened but we found out that she would not have been home on any other day or at any other time and we were able to teach her and she wanted to know more. It is amazing to see the Lords hand in our lives.

Another great experience but also kinda weird thing happened. We had a 17 year old let us in and we talked to him about God. He believed in God just doesn’t know anything. Which is perfect for us to help him. The weird thing was is he had two young siblings that were killing the spirit as we talked. One of them was a 13 year old girl that really was into my freshly cut hair. She tried to touch it and it was just super weird but we were able to talk to the kid and give him a Book of Mormon and they are going to come back and teach him.

On the way home on the train, we sat by two old ladies and started talking to them. I was able to actually talk a little and they said I spoke really well for learning the langauge for just 2 months or so. So that was a boost to my week but we talked to them and they were super cute and nice and Loved my pictures of my family and me playing football. I was able to give them a Book of Mormon and I just love seeing how different people look after just talking about the gospel. It’s like they get a Book Of Mormon in their hand and they become brighter. It is really cool and I love being able to see it. It was a great experience for me and I love to testify of the book and telling them what I know and believe in. 


Also we had a mission wide fast this week which was really cool but also super hard. It was the most hungry I have ever been during fasting. I fasted with so much intent I think I prayed for a solid 30 minutes but I saw help and it was really amazing. We all were fasting for new investigators and were able to find some (we think) so that will be really cool.

I want to finish with my testimony of faith. When we can’t see things it is hard to believe in them. I can’t see my future but I know it will be amazing because I am doing what God wants me to do. I know that if we pray, fast, read, do anything with faith in Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father, our prayers will be answered.

I love you all so much and hope you can have faith to do something in your life that you are scared to do. Take a leap of faith and do it. You will be amazed what can happen.

Love,

Elder Ure 






No comments:

Post a Comment