Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Feb. 9
Well this week I have been able to understand the language a little and then nothing the next day so it is a rollercoaster that isn’t very fun to ride. Kinda like the ones that you always go on because they look fun but when you get off your head just hurts. haha 

I am going to talk a little about last week because I couldn’t say a lot in my last email. We cleaned the church this week and our church has no carpet so we put water on the floor and were sliding all over the place it was fun. I took a video I will show you in 2 years hahah. After that we had wet feet so we ran home in bare feet and Hungarians freak out when you even don’t have a coat on so everyone was yelling at us as we ran by and laughing. It was 3 C so that was painful but fun. haha. 

We also got super shut down last week tracting. I think I went 20 doors with no one wanting to talk and then 7 straight doors with them slamming it in my face without even saying a word. It was a party and we just started laughing after a while. 

We met with a couple  and they have a super cool dog and we had a great plan of salvation lesson with them and hope that we can go back and meet with them again.

We rode bikes for the first time this week and I wore the helmet and everything. It was a great humility check. haha. Totally Mormon missionary look straight from the movies. It’s awesome. 

This week I had a very scary experience that I survived. Don’t worry mom I am fine. We were tracting and this guy with no pants on opened the door and right away invited us in. when this happens it usually ends bad. So we go in and it smells like so much smoke and I get so dizzy right away. We start talking to him and find out he is a chiropractor. This is a lie it had to have been. Anyways we keep talking to him and out of nowhere he stands up and tells me to lean my head back. I am like uhhh why like no thanks, I am not letting you touch me. He insisted though so I finally did it but was ready at any moment to punch the guy and run. He comes over and puts his hands on my head and closes his eyes and just stands there and I am sitting there just having no idea what is happening. He then says for me to close my eyes and I am like um nope that’s not happening so I only close one half way. He then moves his hands and just stands there. Finally he goes and sits down and says, “I was giving you energy. You have an aura around you.” I felt so sick and just was like we need to leave so we got up and left and went home and said a prayer and I immediately felt better. It was crazy though. Hungary is crazy! haha.

Another awesome tracting experiance this week was when we were walking down the street and smelt the most amazing cookie smell I have ever smelt in my life and we right then went into that building to teach the gospel to whoever was making the Suti. Which is like Hungarian baked goods. So we start knocking doors and the last door we knocked on this lady open it and the smell hits us like a wave of happiness. Sadly she almost slammed the door in our face but Elder Roberts was a champion and stopped her and I don’t know what he said but he got her to give us some and we traded for it with a Book of Mormon. It was the best tasting thing I have ate yet on my mission. It was so good. Such a funny experience! haha. 

This week we had a Palacsinta Est which is like a pancake night I guess. Everyone brought toppings and we shared a thought and had a lot of fun.

This week I felt a missionary Heartbreak for the first time. We had an amazing lesson with a members’ family and taught so strongly and it was so cool. After we asked if they would like to know more and if we could teach them more and all they said was no. When you start to love someone and get attached to them and they say this, it hurts and I wasn’t used to it. It is really sad and sucked but I did my part and I hope they can accept the gospel one day.

We also got kicked out of a building this week by this old lady that thought what we were doing was a joke... haha it was super funny and we all just laughed about it. 

My last story I want to share this week was such an amazing experience. I am so grateful for it and I saw the Lord’s hand in our work. This week we saw a miracle while tracting. We started off and no one would talk to us. Everyone was being mean and just rude and so we decided to go do a look up of an old investigator. We get to the building she lives in and we can’t remember which door she lives in so we ask someone if they can tell us where she lives and they end up knowing someone by the same name we asked for. It ended up being the wrong person but we were able to get a referral from them. So we go there and right when they open the door they invite us in. We were obviously very surprised and went into the room. On the walls were pictures of Jesus and we even found pictures of Joseph Smith and a temple. So we start talking to them and find out they are members with a very sad story. We had never met them or even heard of them but they recently had a death in the family and need us to be there to help them. Just that morning we had planned a lesson for the Plan of Salvation and were able to really help them. It is amazing to be able to see the hand of the Lord in this work and was such a great experience. I know that I am here for a reason no matter how many people don’t want to talk to me. Finding these people this week was such a testimony to me that I know my Heavenly Father is guiding this work. I love being a missionary no matter what crazy stuff happens to me. I love representing my Savior and know that Jesus Christ lives. I love you all so much and hope you have a great week. 

Love Elder Ure 


P.S. I will be in Nziregyhaza for two more months with Elder Roberts so nothing new from tranfers. I love you all have a good week. 




This seamstress made him a suit