Thursday, November 5, 2015

MTC Week 4

First Companions in the World

Well this week has been a rollercoaster of emotions and events. It has hands down been the best week of the MTC yet though. Such a hard but rewarding and just awesome week. 

So I will start off by saying that we successfully made the sauna and it was very nice. It didn’t get super hot but we where able to still sit in it and feel good and relax. We plan to make a better one next week though. The blankets we used let in too much cold air so we are using thicker ones tonight probably. 

So this week both of my companions and I got new callings because the Finnish Elders are leaving Monday!! I will miss them. They are all such great guys. So I have been called to be a Zone leader with my companions, A district leader over our district, and a Sacrament coordinator. So that is going to be some crazy new responsibility. I am very excited though! It will be all  new and I can’t wait to take on the challenge. They said that no one has ever had as many callings as I am so that's a first. Pretty cool right?

I had to say goodbye to Kade this week and that was tough. He is going to be such and amazing missionary and I am so excited for him to be out there already though!! I miss having him to have talks with at night already though! 

I had such an amazing fast Sunday though. Best one I have ever had in my life. I wasn’t even that “Hungary” all day and that in itsself is a blessing. Anyway, the most amazing part was after sacrament when all the elders meet and talk. The lesson was on repentance and it pretty much blew me away. I have always been really hard on myself and could never get myself to forgive myself for anything. I would always just dwell on it and it would be awful. Well while I was sitting there listening, one of the Finnish elders said something that changed my life. He said, "when you have truly repented and done everything that is necessary and you can feel the spirit again that is when you know you have been forgiven." Right when he said that I felt literally arms of love rap around me and the spirit poured over my body more then it ever has in my entire life. I have never felt the spirit more than in the MTC and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. I know that my Savoir lives and died for me. He saves me. The witness I have of this after this experience is unshakable. I know the atonement can heal everyone. I love my Savior. 

The language took a leap this week. I was able to start understanding more and saying more. I still am having a really hard time but it is getting better. I am studying so hard and praying for the gift of tongues. I will get it sooner or later. I am not too worried. 

Halloween was a little hard. Missed everyone so much because I know how much fun you guys where having.
Thanks to Grandma Ure, all the elders in my zone where able to enjoy a awesome Fiesta Night. Me and another elder put our chips and salsa together and pigged out will all the Elders!! It was so much fun. 

Well I will end this week’s email with a quote from a devotional that I liked. 
 "Jesus Christ and God The Father were the first missionary companionship". this blew my mind. I am acting in place of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. I am doing what they did in the beginning. This changed my perspective a lot. It made me realize how special I am and how important this work is. I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else. I love you all so much. Another week down!! Half way to Hungary! 

Love, Elder Ure 
















No comments:

Post a Comment