Thursday, November 12, 2015

MTC Week 5

This week has been Awesome!!

I have learned so much in the language but it also gets harder and harder every single day so that is always a challenge. I also am always super tired. Pretty sure that’s how Satan is getting me here at the MTC because that’s about all he can do. I am studying hard though. Dont worry! 

Grammar for the language is a killer though. I don’t even know what some of the grammar rules are in English so put that in Hungarian and it does not mix well. There are so many conjugations and vowel harmony and linking vowels and plural k's and agglutinated Post positions sooooo ya, it will come sooner or later. That is a work in progress. 

The best dinner ever happened a couple nights ago. They gave us Chick-fil-a and I about died eating it. It was so good! (Shout out to Stockton, Peyton and Heather for that one day when we went and got it). It pretty much saved me and also reminded me what real food tastes like. 

It also snowed for the first time and I loved it. Snow is my favorite thing in the world so I was a happy Elder Ure that day. It was also funny to watch my companions because they are Cali boys and never had really experienced snow before so that was funny so see them get all bundled up in their coats like it was Negative 3 degrees out.    

I was able to host new missionaries this week also! This is when you get to pick them up off the curb and take a picture for the family and then rip them away from their family for two years:):):):)

JK it wasn't bad at all it was actually really fun and I was able to help out some new guys that were having a rough time saying goodbye. I was able to show them around and give them advice and kinda see what it is like from the other point of view!! It is still hard seeing moms cry leaving their son but cool at the same time. 

So we had some very funny experiences with the new Finnish elders in my zone. When they first get here they have to go through an orientation by the zone leaders and we tell them all about the MTC and give them a tour. So my comps and I decided to try to pull off accents and pretend we were from other places again. This time we had to talk though. So I was British, Veres Elder was a Hungarian that only spoke Hungarian and a little English and we would translate for him, and Dixon Elder was Australian. So we go in there and because Veres elder doesn’t speak english and Dixon was too scared to actually use the accent I was stuck speaking the whole time pretty much. The funny part is one of the new guys was from lone peak and he recognized me and asked if my name was Cameron and I was like no I have never heard of that name before, my name’s max. Then later that night one of them asks me where in England I lived and I was like... UHHHH so I get on the computer and you can look at maps on there and I find a random house and say that is mine. They all still believe me so I am going to see how long I can last!! It has been so funny. 

Also some funny stuff happened teaching lessons this week too. We messed up the words and said 'God dies our prayers' instead of 'God hears our prayers' and our investigator just started laughing at us and we were so confused. Then this same lesson we gave her a card with our number saying for her to call us if she ever got the urge to smoke so we could help her not (she is a smoker by the way) but we didn’t know how to say that in Hungarian so we said "call us if you ever want to smoke" hahah it is was funny when we figured it out but we got the point across. 

I will end with some quotes that my Dad sent me…

"Because of the Atonement all failures are changeable and temporary, Except the one that occurs when we give up, so whatever, you do, Don’t you ever give up," I love that. Don’t ever give up when it’s hard. And last, "If you aren’t in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?"

We all go through hard times. Those are the ones that test us and make us better. I know through the Savior and with perseverance we can do incredible things. I love you all so much. 

Elder Ure 




first zone leader

Favorite elder going to Finland

snow day!

No comments:

Post a Comment