Saturday, November 21, 2015

MTC WEEK 6

Well it has been another week already. I can’t even believe where the time goes. So much has happened this week I don’t even know or probably remember all of it. So this is my schedule everyday. 

Wake Up: 6:30
Get ready: 6-7:05
Breakfast: 7:10
Class: 7:35-11:30 Which is when we study for an hour and then have a teacher who we usually teach as a fake investigator or learn a lesson in the language. Once again our teacher only speaks Hungarian. 
Lunch: 11:30-12:20
Class again: 12:20-3:30
Gym: until dinner
Dinner and then personal study, companion study, and language study until 9:30 
Then go back to the dorm and get ready for bed and sleep and then do it again!

This obviously changes depending on if we have a devotional or not but not by much it is usually pretty much the same.

We have choir practice on Sundays before the devotional and Tuesdays. We perform on Tuesdays. This Tuesday we sang “Have you done any good” and it was so awesome!! We sing in the tenor section which I don’t even know what that means but hey I like it so it works for me! The Choir director is the same one for the tabernacle Choir and he is literally amazing. He tells the best stories and is so spiritual. I love him. 

So Thanksgiving is coming up and it will be a different p-day for me because obviously that lands on a Thursday. I think I will be emailing either Tuesday or Wednesday. I am not sure. We get to do a service project and I am so excited! It will be so fun. We are going to serve food I think to people. I don’t really know but I know it involves food and people hahaha. 

An update on the accents. I fooled them!! They totally believed me and thought it was real. I lasted all the way until Thursday night before I told them that I am actually a normal mormon Utah boy haha. I was still proud of myself that I was able to make them believe me. When I told them, they all freaked out and laughed and thought it was awesome!! 

This week my package from home included some "Walking Dead, Zombie nerf guns"  It was awesome! (Thanks Dad!!)  I loved the Guns! We took them and before we gave a devotional to the Albanian Distirct one night, we sneak attacked them and shot them up. It was great!

I have officially lost three pounds at the MTC. The food here is keeping me alive slowly. I think I would die if I had to stay any longer than 9 weeks though! I actually have become more fit from working out and eating all the time so that’s nice. 

So this week I got very humbled with the language and just Hungarian in general. Our teachers told us that they have been teaching us the foundation of the language and not really how to speak correctly. So I have been saying everything wrong this whole time technically. That is Okay though because they now are teaching us the harder things that make how we actually speak  correct. We will get there sooner or later. haha. 

We Skyped a real member straight out of Hungary the other day and it was so cool but the hardest thing I have done yet that is for sure. She was a member right in Budapest and spoke so fast. Add that on to a bad Internet connection and it equals me not knowing one word she is even saying. So I will hopefully learn more in the next two and half weeks so I can understand so I don’t die out there. It was really cool to hear a native speaker and ask her questions and bear my testimony to her!! 

So in a lesson this week we almost made our investigator not interested anymore by sharing a scripture from Isaiah on accident. We looked up the wrong chapter and verse and we thought it was about something completely different but didn’t know what it said because it was all in Hungarian obviously so our investigator asks "what is the house of Israel?" In Hungarian and our jaws just drop so I just tried to say that it’s the church and changed the subject. It was so funny but could have been bad. haha. 

Well I will finish up with some things that I have learned this week. The first is Love. Love is the most powerful thing in the world and if we love who we teach we will teach with a new purpose. I heard a quote that said "when you don’t know what to say or what to teach put yourself in the shoes of your investigator and convert yourself." I really love this because it is so true and has really helped me think about what the needs of the people I am and will be teaching. 

Next quote is "The most powerful thing is what you do, Not what you say" Being a missionary is a lot about how I act and who I am. You have to have the attitude that you are a representative of Jesus Christ and that people see that. This applies to everyone’s life. When I have a family I have realized the way that I am going to teach my children is by who I am and what I do. We can all teach people through our actions. You are always being watched. Be who you would want your children to be. 

Last I realized something about prophets. If you truly believe that The prophet of the church is a true prophet of the gospel and he testifies that Jesus Lives and God loves us, How can we doubt? I have no doubt that this Church is true. It has been testified unto me by the The Holy Ghost and has changed my life. I love this gospel and I love all of you.
Love,

Elder Ure



All my food packages under my bed!!!!

Elders going to Albania



Elder with the same CTR ring




 












No comments:

Post a Comment