Thursday, October 29, 2015

MTC Third week: Take You Above

 Szia!!                                                                         

Sadly I cannot report on how the sauna went this week. We were not able to have time to make it with the crazy busy schedule that we always have. We will try again this week though! 

So this week we had new missionaries come into our zone. Two of them are from the U.K. So the way it worked was that one of them got there in the middle of the night and was sleeping in our room. So I had to wake up and open the door for the guy. Anyway, my comps and I were going to pretend we were from different places. Elder Dixon was going to be Austrailian. Elder Veres was going to a Hungarian that didn’t even speak English and we were going to translate, and I was going to take on the biggest challenge of all, be British to a British person. So long story short, I woke up in the middle of the night to let him in and tell him where to sleep and all that and totally forgot about trying to be British! So I kinda blew it, but the other guys were able to make him believe it for a full day! It was super funny. Elder Dixons accent was so awful, which made it even more funny that he believed it. 

One night we got the whole zone together and I don’t know if any of you will recognize this song from this movie, but we started to sing/rap the "gotta dig them holes" song from the movie holes. I think that’s the name of the song I am not sure. But we all joined in singing and had a good time it was awesome. 

The highlight of the week was we got to have a devotional from Elder Anderson of the 12 Apostles. He gave a really amazing talk about sacrifice and a lot of other things. I will share some quotes at the end! The best part was I have been in the MTC choir every week and it is probably my favorite part of the MTC. Singing and just being able to feel God’s love while I sing is a truly amazing thing. When you add singing to a member of the 12 it makes it even better. The best part was when he walked in though. We all stood up and right when I saw him I got overwhelmed with the spirit. I got the strongest witness that he was a man of God. It was really amazing. 

So an update of the Serbian sister in my district: This week she told me and my companions that we were all terrorists. I was kinda taken back, because I thought she was joking but she was serious!! She thinks America is the real terrorists. Crazy right?? She’s funny and awesome but sometimes I am just blown away. haha. 

So Sunday night we had a devotional about being disappointed about mission calls and disappointment and things like that. So the speaker has people that were sad about where they were going stand up. (I for sure did not stand up! who could be disappointed in Hungary??) Anyway he had one elder come up and share where he was going and why he was disappointed. The elder came up and said he was going to California. The speaker went on to talking and at the end of his talk shared his mission call opening experience. He went to open his letter and saw where he was going and was devastated. He was going to the exact same mission as where the elder that came up was called and shared he was going. Coolest thing ever right??  So he went on to talk about how we are supposed to be where we are and that we all have a plan for this life. 

I am going to end by sharing two really amazing quotes that I heard this week. The first is "To change into someone that you aren’t yet is always going to bring opposition."  This is so true. It takes a lot of hard work and trust in the Lord that we can do it. I know we can all become the people we want to be though. 

The second is "He will not take your pain from you, He will take you above it." I love this. We all are going to go through very hard times. We all are going to have times when we feel as though we can’t keep going but I know that if we believe in him and use his atoning sacrifice we can be raised above our trials. 

I love you all very much. Have an amazing week. 


Elder Ure


       

No comments:

Post a Comment