Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Don't just fast to fast

This week was really good. We just worked hard and didn’t see much from it but it still feels good to just work hard and do what you are supposed to. I mean, that’s why I am here in the first place... this week we had to go to the immigration office because I had to get registered in Budapest and it took forever... worse than the dmv by far... we sat there and waited for 4 hours straight and before all of this we got lost finding the place so that wiped out one of our days which sucked but at least I am now legal and can say I live in Budapest. 

This week we also had zone training. It went super well and we talked about planning. I am pumped to apply what we taught into our own work and into my own life even when I go home because I know it will help me manage time so much more and make me more effective. The funny part was after zone training we had a meeting with my mission president and his wife and talked about how the meeting went and Sister Szabakai got mad at us for not smiling enough.... she said we are very good looking elders and we need to smile more often... we laughed super hard and we are now going to make it a thing where we smile more than we should when we are around her. It was funny ha-ha. 

After zone training we had splits and I was with Elder Miller who is a really good guy. He is a transfer younger than me but is one of the assistants and is a stud. We worked hard and we met with this one lady that right as she saw my name flipped out because she knew it was Scottish and so she said to let her guess my first name.... so she sits there for a little and then out of now where yells KEITH! I was like..... Um what? how did you know that that’s my middle name... and she was like I have studied the Scottish clans and its all traisable back to the original clans... So I need to learn about my name I guess... It was crazy but super cool at the dame time.

Also we went on a train and I love trains because it is like sight seeing as you ride on a train so we rode past this ampatheather that was 2000 years old... literally was built when Jesus lived. I love this place it is so cool. 

We finally got to meet with our investigators this week and one of them is ready for baptism we think and we are going to give a her a baptismal date this week! We are really excited and I think she will accept it because she told us that our lessons have convinced her and that she knows the book of Mormon to be true. It is super cool I can’t even believe it. People really are prepared!! 

After that teaching we were walking on the street and we walked up to this guy and I felt like I should talk to him so I started talking to him and we walked together for a while and had a super good conversation, he was blown away that I live here and speak Hungarian and he was interested in the stuff I had to say about happiness and what we need to do to find true happiness so I got his number and we are going to meet up with him sometime. It was a cool experience for me about following promptings. 

Also this week... I am gunna brag a little because this was super cool and I was pretty pumped and I don’t even know why this lady said what she said but it was cool to hear... anyways we were talking to this lady and after our conversation she asked how I spoke Hungarian so well... I was like um... I don’t, I can talk to people but I am trying to learn right now and she said well you aren’t Hungarian are you? And I was like no I am American and she was like... well you have to be at least half Hungarian and was like nope... I am 100% American (#Merica hahah) and she was like... that’s crazy ha-ha So that was a cool thing that happened this week, I am becoming Hungarian.

Also this week we got let in by a really nice lady that just lost her husband and she was really open to our message and sweet. We tracted into her and she let us in and we talked for a little while and we found out that she reads the Book Of Mormon that she got years ago and she loves it and it comforts her when times are hard so hopefully she will be open to meeting and we can show her that it is because it is the truth. 

This week was fast Sunday and one of the most legit things happened... In the middle of sacrament a guy got up and he had a guitar with him and he went up to the pulpit and said he was going to sing his testimony instead because he wrote a song years before this and he wanted to share it with us... the words were actually really good and it had a good message but I was losing my mind that it was actually happening... only in Hungary. It was awesome haha.

I would like to finish with a thought on fasting. I never really took it very seriously and I always was just hungry and didn’t do it with a super big purpose but this week I realized that fasting is a power and miracles can happen if we fast with real intent and have faith. I know if we fast and pray for answers to our lives then we will be helped. Don’t just fast to fast. Fast with a purpose and a prayer in your heart and it will make all the difference. 

Sok Szeretettel,

Ure Elder

No comments:

Post a Comment